F/A-18's at LaGuardia

Yesterday WAS Opening day at CitiField (the new home of the NY Mets). Probably did a flyover during the opening ceremony. Not that I watched--I HATE the Mets. (huge Yankees fan, though!)

YANKEES-SUCK-sticker.jpg

Don't get me started on the AFs stupidity of reflector belts and PT uniforms tucked/untucked. Tall about a service with zero identity and zero sense of true mission from the many shoe clerks in the force.

You deployed as a FF over there?

Does your squadron have too many bake sales? :crazy: And then PT after the cup cake fest?

We get very lucky in AUS on seeing military stuff. F-18s come in on a pretty regular basis. Also Cobras, Goshawks, and some other stuff.

And yesterday there was a P-51 in front of us holding short for T/O clearance.

Wish like hell I'd gotten a picture of it but my phone was off.

We get very lucky in AUS on seeing military stuff. F-18s come in on a pretty regular basis. Also Cobras, Goshawks, and some other stuff.

And yesterday there was a P-51 in front of us holding short for T/O clearance.

Wish like hell I'd gotten a picture of it but my phone was off.

Yeah Austin is a favorite ccx location for just about every command that I know of (at least on the gulf coast).

standards, schmandards......they had the best food. we ALWAYS went over to Hickam to eat instead of the galley that was right behind the barracks it Pearl Harbor....

I thought the navy had the best food. they are, after all, in charge of the POTUS' food.

Back