F-35 accident KABQ

No idea what the cause is obviously, but it seems to be a single engine fighter just doesn’t seem like a great idea to me. Nothing I’d want to do less than fly one of those across the ocean.

Looks like it was departing Rwy 21.

This should be University Blvd.

IMG_5846.jpeg

No idea what the cause is obviously, but it seems to be a single engine fighter just doesn’t seem like a great idea to me. Nothing I’d want to do less than fly one of those across the ocean.
I'd guess the F-16 folks would disagree. On that note did you know the Ukranian pilots in F-16 school graduated? They don't have any airplanes yet but as our military continues to constrict the UPT to squadron pipeline those folks are qualified to fly F-16s, even though they don't have any. Apparently it was the "basic" course and they'll be continuing their training in other countries that operate the F-16. I'm going to make a big assumption here so take it with a grain of salt, but I think they sent over their entire squadron, including ground personnel, to learn how to operate this jet. Tin foil hat time, do any of the folks that just graduated from F-16 school have family connections to people that might have some political power in Ukraine? When the majority of the military aged men in your country are being eliminated a trip to the US for your son or nephew might seem attractive. There's videos of a Rolls Royce Spectre rolling around Kyiv that's been scrubbed. Just saying...

All a waste of tax payer money. When's the last time we had actual air-to-air combat?

Pakistan and India had real air-to-air combat a few years ago, a PAF F-16 shot down an IAF Mig-21.

But the idea we're going to see F35s in battle against a country like Russia or China is laughable.

All a waste of tax payer money. When's the last time we had actual air-to-air combat?

Pakistan and India had real air-to-air combat a few years ago, a PAF F-16 shot down an IAF Mig-21.

But the idea we're going to see F35s in battle against a country like Russia or China is laughable.
Did JetU have a class one of your semesters on the of the US DoD and their strategies?

Enlighten us on your expertise in this field.

Yes, was headed off of RW21. Rumor to be a B model. Factory new delivery from the plant at NFW over to EDW, fuel stop at IKR. DCMA pilot.

Probably one of the worst parts of the airfield to crash at.

Last edited:
Why do you have guns at home? When was the last time you actually had to shoot a home invader? Seems like kind of a dumb purchase for somebody who is so concerned about their 401K.

Air to air combat over America? Unlikely.

And at least my gun purchase is limited. The govt has far more plane than it really needs.

Yeah, it's not like Russia is currently engaged in an active War on the doorstep of NATO and moving missiles to the border, or China is threatening every single US Ally in the Pacific. Do you proofread this stuff?

That’s Europe’s problem. And when you have a weak leader like Biden, I wouldn’t be surprised to see China encircle Taiwan.

But say they do. You gonna send US fighter pilots to go die for them? How many troops will you be willing to send to Asia to fight and die off?

Pearl Harbor was on our homesoil and our response was necessary. But since then, what’s been a large scale US presence in Asia? Vietnam? How’d that turn out?

This is all a moot point. I don’t see China or Russia attack the US with fighter jets. The weapons they will use will be economic, financial, AI, and deepfake to defeat the enemy (US) from within.

• Haha
Reactions: HJB
That’s Europe’s problem. And when you have a weak leader like Biden, I wouldn’t be surprised to see China encircle Taiwan.

But say they do. You gonna send US fighter pilots to go die for them? How many troops will you be willing to send to Asia to fight and die off?

Pearl Harbor was on our homesoil and our response was necessary. But since then, what’s been a large scale US presence in Asia? Vietnam? How’d that turn out?

This is all a moot point. I don’t see China or Russia attack the US with fighter jets. The weapons they will use will be economic, financial, AI, and deepfake to defeat the enemy (US) from within.
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

This is about an aircraft crash and a pilot in critical condition. This isn’t a lav discussion on geo politics, take a day off man

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

This is about an aircraft crash and a pilot in critical condition. This isn’t a lav discussion on geo politics, take a day off man

I apologize. I didn’t realize the pilot was in critical shape. The article said ejected safely, hospital in stable condition.

I hope he/she pulls through :(

What is interesting is that the DCMA pilots fly all models of the F-35, just like those assigned to the V-22 program fly all models of those. The B model F-35 is significantly different from the A and C, just due to its VTOL capabilities. A few different witnesses on the USAF ramp said it appeared he was doing a short run takeoff.

That looks pretty bad. Hope the guy or gal fully recovers. I'm sure whatever happened, happened very quickly. Last time I regularly flew a single engine airplane was the F-16, and my personal addition to the takeoff checklist was "7. Pray to god nothing goes wrong"

That being said, as a matter of course, I think most of us accelerated as quickly as possible in ground effect so that if the thing shat/we sucked up a bird, we could at least make low key and get on profile to come back. You'd easily be at 500-550 KCAS by the end of the long runway in Fallon. I also did once high speed abort in that thing, IIRC for some weird EGT/surging issue. It was super benign, but I did taxi the entire perimeter of the field several times before I came back to the line to try and cool the brakes down, which @ KNFL was like several miles each time. We had • little brakes, possibly even worse than those of the Hornet/Super.

Was performing an STO off of 21. Not sure why wasn’t just making a conventional TO. Especially considering it was warm and high yesterday, maybe a 7000’-ish DA.

Ironically, this is the second B model F-35 to crash during immediate pre-delivery.

IMG_5459.jpeg

Was performing an STO off of 21. Not sure why wasn’t just making a conventional TO. Especially considering it was warm and high yesterday, maybe a 7000’-ish DA.

Ironically, this is the second B model F-35 to crash during immediate pre-delivery.

View attachment 78083

I'm curious. During the delivery flight, are there certain tasks or performance objectives that need to be met/logged along the way for the destination to accept delivery? Like, was this kind of TO needed during the flight as delivery criteria?

Back