F-18 Canyon Run

Um....where's the canyon? Looks like a low level through a some desending terrain to me. Now, AZ, NM, and west TX have some routes where you can go through some real canyons if you want to.....

Still, nice low level work though.

MikeD - You ever run the "Death Star Trench" out there in ABQ? Was a blast in formation.

MikeD - You ever run the "Death Star Trench" out there in ABQ? Was a blast in formation.

Oh yeah, southwest of ABQ.......fun as heck. There's a VR route northwest of DLF that was similar, just wider, that T-38s would run.

Oh yeah, southwest of ABQ.......fun as heck. There's a VR route northwest of DLF that was similar, just wider, that T-38s would run.

Enters over the NW side of Lake Amistad then up the river towards Sonora? That's the one I flew in the T-6. Was an absolute blast...until my IP realized I was a Reservist going helos and he took the controls. He told me, "You're gonna get plenty of low level! I'm going back to a tanker, let me enjoy this!"

Enters over the NW side of Lake Amistad then up the river towards Sonora? That's the one I flew in the T-6. Was an absolute blast...until my IP realized I was a Reservist going helos and he took the controls. He told me, "You're gonna get plenty of low level! I'm going back to a tanker, let me enjoy this!"

It wasVR-1109/1117, out in Big Bend National Park.

Back