Eyesight

Keep in mind, if you ever want to work overseas, some countries do not accept LASIK, like China, from my understanding. I'm still waiting for that retirement job so I can have it done and stop wearing contacts.

Keep in mind, if you ever want to work overseas, some countries do not accept LASIK, like China, from my understanding. I'm still waiting for that retirement job so I can have it done and stop wearing contacts.

After about 45 it's not worth it. Your eyes don't go downhill all at once, but over time, so you may get a few years out of it but that's it. The ROI just isn't there if you wait too long/

Man, now I understand why my optometrist has told me to wait to do LASIK until I am closer to 35. (30 now).
I got mine done at 30. No regrets at all. Then again, I also get free touch-ups for life....or as long as that practice exists!

And who wants to move to China, anyway? :)

I got mine done at 30. No regrets at all. Then again, I also get free touch-ups for life....or as long as that practice exists!

And who wants to move to China, anyway? :)

Move to China? No thanks.

Get paid an appropriate wage for the services I am providing, hell jea.

I laugh at you guys saying you wouldn't move to China. I'm not moving either. It's rotation or nothing, but it's my back up for here in case the proverbial poop hits the fan...which could very well happen the way things are going.

@Cptnchia , i didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'm 42 now, and trying to figure out the retirement job...I'm milking this for all it's worth, but I don't see it lasting until retirement...

Just happened to me. I had LASIK back in 2005 when I was about 22 years old. I was legally blind without glasses or contacts. LASIK got me to 20/20 and 20/15, basically 20/15 combined. 9 years later, my eyes have started to deteriorate again. I was able to squeak past my last 2 first class medicals with no glasses requirement, but this year (2 weeks ago actually) I was unable to read the 20/20 far sighted line...my near vision is still crystal clear, it's the far stuff and especially at night when it gets bad. I'm now the proud owner of a glasses restriction on my medical. I'm only 31...eat your carrots kids!

I had it done the same year as you when I was 33 years old and both eyes were corrected to 20/20 . . . nowadays I've noticed that my left one (which needed a bigger correction) is starting to degrade a little while indoors but in broad sunlight it's still good . . . hopefully at my next medical check I'll be able to convince them to walk that eye chart outdoors for the test :)

Do you guys who have also had LASIK also experience halo's at night, especially around head lights or street lights?

Do you guys who have also had LASIK also experience halo's at night, especially around head lights or street lights?

Yep, for the first few months but they went away . . . the same for the "ghost vision" effect in which I was seeing a shadow of each letter to the right and a bit down from it.

Mine never went away...my night vision is worse post LASIK too. Still, wouldn't change a thing. I do not miss fumbling for glasses in the morning.

Back