ExpressJet Hiring CRJ ERJ

ComplexHiAv8r

Guess the rumor I heard a few months ago is true. image-1482440774.jpg
http://www.expressjet.com/careers/pilots/

Really? I can't tell if sarcasm.
Mgmt in the past couple quarters conference calls has been beating the drum beat to get money losing planes off property.

Really? I can't tell if sarcasm.
Mgmt in the past couple quarters conference calls has been beating the drum beat to get money losing planes off property.

Not that I think we will regain all flying that is lost, but they have also been harping on "more profitable terms."

I'm not terribly optimistic, but if it's ever going to happen, it's because our performance is way up. But I don't think long term profitability will ever happen until we get our contract stuff sorted. That WILL result in the ERJ side taking a kick to the junk, so I don't blame them for not being the most motivated.

I have zero proof and could very well be reading somebody else's tea leaves, but I think United and .inc are going back and forth about the future flying of the contracts coming off line shortly.
I think this because of the random articles from "some one in United" popping up here in the last month (couple of them), about how express is dead and United is buying small planes.
I think contracts are coming off and .inc isn't bluffing United, in fact I think they showed their hand on purpose. 'You renew the contract at x% profitability or those planes go to the desert.'
I think United is playing "soup nazi", but at the end of the day they really do need the lift until more planes can show up (especially a plane still in development).
If I was United i'd want that gravy train to keep rolling too.
But I'm just taking potshots in the air.

Not sure what the point of hiring is for only 6 folks. What's ironic is that one of the pilots in their recruitment picture bolted for a fast growing regional and the one year upgrade.

Not sure what the point of hiring is for only 6 folks. What's ironic is that one of the pilots in their recruitment picture bolted for a fast growing regional and the one year upgrade.

According to the L-XJT MEC it's because the ERJ AQP new hire program needs to be signed off. It would be funny if all 6 left before they finished. XJT wouldn't get an AQP program (for now) and they will have wasted all the money. If all 6 leave, who can blame them? Sitting on reserve at a segregated company that is shrinking.

According to the L-XJT MEC it's because the ERJ AQP new hire program needs to be signed off. It would be funny if all 6 left before they finished. XJT wouldn't get an AQP program (for now) and they will have wasted all the money. If all 6 leave, who can blame them? Sitting on reserve at a segregated company that is shrinking.

I'll be surprised if they can get anyone to show up to interview let alone class after today's news.

Back