ExpressJet hiring another class

If you're on the CRJ side...in the words of former IL governor Rod Blagojevich, its "•in' golden"; if you're on the ERJ side, well...its a sweatshop.

deltabobo said:
If you're on the CRJ side...in the words of former IL governor Rod Blagojevich, its "•in' golden"; if you're on the ERJ side, well...its a sweatshop.

Can't believe you're quoting Blago... Lol

I don't understand why they keep posting positions, I applied and have yet to hear from them. What exactly are they looking for? I am hoping my interview last week works out!

ExpressJet especially ERJ side demands experience because they want people that can step in with minimal training and handle 60-90 releases per shift. I would have been lost if I tried to become an ERJ dispatcher at ExpressJet as my first job. Pinnacle is a much better place for brand new dispatchers since they are more lenient on new dispatchers learning the world of Part 121 dispatching. Its easy to think of dispatch as an easy low workload job if you go through dispatch schools and go by the regulations. In actuality, it is a simple job complicated by numerous releases and problems that have nothing to do with anything you learned in dispatch school about dispatching. Too many people think dispatch knows everything.

They are hiring to meet the expectations of the summer schedule. We will be going to 1500+ flights a day on the ERJ side beginning in May.

We do over 1500 a day already. As a matter of fact we just did 1520 on Saturday. I believe this next class is to help offset the loss of some dispatchers due to internal Hub Coordinator and ATC Coordinator positions being posted. Hopefully an additional desk or two will finally be created. That would be wonderful...

I don't understand why they keep posting positions, I applied and have yet to hear from them. What exactly are they looking for? I am hoping my interview last week works out!

Apply with them again. I am not sure what their deal is and have heard some stories from co-workers about expressjet. I know there are a lot of dispatchers looking for work but if I was the hiring manager, I'd hire both experienced and non experienced people.

Not to start rumors or anything but I heard (from a pilot) that SkyWest Inc is looking to buy Pinnacle in the next few months and merge it with the SkyWest operating certificate. I don't see how they could since SGU has a small OCC.

Not to start rumors or anything but I heard (from a pilot) that SkyWest Inc is looking to buy Pinnacle in the next few months and merge it with the SkyWest operating certificate. I don't see how they could since SGU has a small OCC.

A pilot, spreading rumors? No way!

I have learned over the years to be very wary of pilot rumors because once they are at cruise altitude, they seem to have time to come up with an awful lot of them - many of which have no basis at all in reality. Of course, your mileage may vary....that's just been my experience.

It's when rumors aren't flying that you have to worry

LOL.....How true!!

I wouldn't be surprised if 9E was bought by someone, especially SkyWest or even Republic....I know when I was at SkyWest, there was rumors that they would be moving their OCC to either LAS or SLC.

BUT....I tend to believe pilot rumors since the pilots at ASA were telling us (SkyWest people) that "you guys bought us".....

Only time will tell!

As far as 9E goes I'd say that they're safe in MSP for at least 5 years. DL will own them out of bankruptcy. Rest assured that they will be sold again but only when it results in a big DL Payday. 9E has a lot of things that need to be fixed before DL can get a good suitor.

Skywest merged XJT and ASA while leaving Skywest alone because Skywest is non union and they want to keep it that way. Pinnacle is a union airline. If Skywest did buy Pinnacle, it likely would be merged with ExpressJet or Skywest will break down and accept a single union airline. I dont know why Skywest would want the Pinnacle mess for anything other than the CR900 aircraft. The workgroups and corporate culture is a bit of a mess at Pinnacle.

Back