EXPRESS JET - 750 hours total time (for an interview)

Felt like telling Derek Jeter how to swing a bat. Must say, though - incredibly impressed by the humility required to do that.

I think it more simply represents the wisdom that a lot of experienced aviators have, which says "the more I know, the more I know I don't know" -- that experience or skill in one area of aviation doesn't necessarily directly translate to another area of aviation. Often it does, but not without learning new things and adapting the old skills.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of folks who let ego get in the way of that wisdom, and there are probably just as many folks who charge around saying (and believing!) "I'm a ________ pilot, I know what I'm doing."

Oh yeah? You must have me fooled with someone who is encouraged by this company, cause that would be the person trying to do an "us vs them" fight.

I do appreciate your concern though. You should receive the company wide JetStream corp. comm messages from our VP of Flt Ops (Jetstream product) in addition to the frequent Flt Ops updates that reference company wide attrition, new hire, and upgrade figures.

Nevertheless, my point still stands. Referencing upgrade times on the ERJ side as a selling point is, well, pointless...considering SLI and known DOH for those hired after 8/4/2010.
I'm just showing it is an acceleration. Never said it was a selling point. The problem is that you made everything look like doom and gloom. Just putting out some more info for people to make a decision with. I'm not under an impression a fast upgrade will exist at all in the near future at ExpressJet. A relatively quick line is definitely possible.

Last edited:
Ha! All this talk about not able to fill classes, and a guy with 2300/1100ME with an internal rec can't get a call from them... Not sure its a best choice for me, but I thought for sure I'd at least have an option to make a decision..

Ha! All this talk about not able to fill classes, and a guy with 2300/1100ME with an internal rec can't get a call from them... Not sure its a best choice for me, but I thought for sure I'd at least have an option to make a decision..

Update your addendum on airlineapps. I believe that sometimes older apps have a tendency to drop off the radar.

You can also to what I did and call a recruiter.

Back