Evergreen Shutting Down

Air cargo carriers flies the big shorts under 135 even though they can carry more than 7500lbs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AMF can carry over 7500 in the bro. I believe that there are a few companies out there who can.

One of my good friends(yes some people like me), got furloughed from there about 1.5 years ago. He told me it was the best flying he has ever done in his career. Great crews and amazing overnights that are not PG-13. This cat is on his 5th or 6th airline now. Crazy busyness we live in.
In my uncle's long career with Evergreen, he went to a lot of [redacted] places carrying [redacted], flew pilgrims into and out of Saudi Arabia for the Hajj, was an integral part in the ramp up for Desert Shield/Storm, and so on. (He's also got to be one of the highest time 747 guys in the world.)

He told me a story day before yesterday at his retirement party - when he was in Kuwait during the ramp-up for Desert Shield/Storm. Unloading a 747 usually makes a lot of noise, but the crew upstairs noticed the noise had stopped, and one of them wandered downstairs. They found the flight line empty - apparently there was a Scud attack in progress, and the entire base had buggered off to shelters, but failed to tell the Evergreen guys about it. And other, great stories.

One of my good friends(yes some people like me), got furloughed from there about 1.5 years ago. He told me it was the best flying he has ever done in his career. Great crews and amazing overnights that are not PG-13. This cat is on his 5th or 6th airline now. Crazy busyness we live in.
I've heard from many ACMI pilots that overnights can tend to be interesting.

Sad to see Evergreen go, I met a couple guys jumpseating who flew there over the years, they all seemed pretty happy. The couple I met were all ex-Air Force as well. When I took a flight from PHX-TUS in August, we flew pretty low over MZJ and I got some shots with the fire tanker parked. I'd love to fly in there and taxi around with my camera ready, some cool stuff stored there, even some brand new 747-8s.
10532677875_339515f90a_c.jpg

Random question, but I remember in the late 90s thru early very early 2000s, Evergreen had 2 747s that left SFO around the same time every afternoon, would anyone on here happen to know where they were going?

Back