Ever strap a GoPro on an Eagle?

1.) Awesome video.
2.) Damn shame about the music/sound effects.
3.) Gah! Why ddi they cut it off before the landing?

I dunno, a few of those turns didn't look very coordinated. Plus he definitely exceeded 60° bank, was well below 1,500' AGL, and I dont see a parachute... I might have to make a call to the FSDO.

This is a R/C Airplane made up to be like a bird. You can clearly see the guy with the remote towards the end of the video, that might also be why the video cuts short of the landing along with the weird start lol.

My vote~ R/C Airplane

This is a R/C Airplane made up to be like a bird. You can clearly see the guy with the remote towards the end of the video, that might also be why the video cuts short of the landing along with the weird start lol.

My vote~ R/C Airplane
Yep. Wings and head don't move at all.

Sent via teletype

OK. That makes WAY more sense. I can't imagine any bird of prey being cool with a GoPro strapped to their backs.

Yep. Wings and head don't move at all.

His head actually moves several times, he's got it on a servo, see 1:18, 2:00, 2:08 are examples.

Also, at 2:17 you see the shadow of the airplane's t-tail and power pod fall across the birds head.

Woops...
radio.jpg

haha, Yeah, besides the owl sound, he's using a Red-Tailed Hawk scream which is the scream hollywood uses for the Bald Eagle instead of their actual less impressive scream.

Plus the echo and the reverb on the sound file gives it away as a recording.

Fake or not, I'm singing the national anthem right now in my cubicle and I'm wearing this. Damn that was inspiring!

31122.jpg

Back