Ever Seen or Flown One Of These?

IPad (10)

http://aso.com/i.aso/AircraftView.jsp?aircraft_id=78324

I'm thinkin' of buyin her. Any info on it?
tongue.gif

I heard that it is certified for Part 91 operation only, so if you live in the DC ADIZ, you're SOL.

On the flip side, those reindeer have a 10 year TBO, which is pretty good. Watch out for those expensive recurring leather-harness reinforcement ADs, though.

Anybody know what a factory-reman reindeer is running these days?

FL270

Hmmm. Flown only one day per year. It's probably going to have some serious maintenance issues. I'd definitely recommend a pre-buy inspection. Lots of cycles too.

What kind of certification do you need? Sleigh Multi-reindeer Land (SMRL)?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. Flown only one day per year. It's probably going to have some serious maintenance issues. I'd definitely recommend a pre-buy inspection. Lots of cycles too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it...
grin.gif

"...•Heated Seat Warmer..."

Throw in a couple of those and I would buy it.
grin.gif

"...•Rooftop Approach Plate Holder..."

I have been looking all over for the IAPs for my house. Maybe I should just ask S.C. for them?

Reminds me of that joke that I'm sure most everyone has heard, but I'll post it anyways for those who haven't (theres probably a bunch of different variations):

-------------------------------------------------
Santa was going for his yearly recurrency training in the Sleigh with an instructor elf. As they are preparing for takeoff, the instructor loads up a shotgun, unsuccessfully hiding it from Santa's sight. "What is that for?", Santa asked. "Well, I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but you're going to lose an engine on takeoff," said the instructor.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely recommend a pre-buy inspection. .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the pre-buy inspection, those pictures look photoshopped, they may be trying to hide some dents or corrosion.
smile.gif
As for the certification, maybe Sleigh Multi-reindeer Roof???

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that joke, thanks for reminding me.... its great!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that it is certified for Part 91 operation only, so if you live in the DC ADIZ, you're SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! I thought it would be cool to own. You sure I can't put a mode C transponder in there?

But I think that the Blackhawks they scramble to intercept me would probably just take a look at Rudolph's nose and let me go.

grin.gif

Great post, Citationkid!

Not to mention the stress put on the structure once a year - when you consider the PIC puts toys and goodies for every boy and girl...... (almost that is).... in the WORLD!!
blush.gif

Naw - don't think I'd buy it.

Plus, the exhaust gases can be a B*TCH!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the stress put on the structure once a year - when you consider the PIC puts toys and goodies for every boy and girl...... (almost that is).... in the WORLD!!
blush.gif

Naw - don't think I'd buy it.

Plus, the exhaust gases can be a B*TCH!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I just thought of something. The top speed of that aircraft has got to be way high. So no worries about being in the ADIZ without a squawk. No fighter plane in the world could catch you!

What would they give you as a flight number? Santa 1?

No joke! Santa has got to be one "Sierra Hotel" stick! That thing has gotta be WAY over gross, and with an aft CG from hell! Plus, if you ever want to have a prayer of flying it sucessfully, you should probablly go get some STOL training. Ever landed on a roof? Maybe santa was in the Navy.

Back