Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Flight

Denis Denis

Hello,

I had cold when flying as a passenger, after landing I could not hear as before and had a pressure on my both ears. When I visited the doctor, he told me that I have otitis media / inflammation. Since that time, I have a crackling / popping sound in my ears and after nearly 2 years the crackling / popping sound did not even decrease.

Finally, I was told I have Eustachian Tube dysfunction. As an airline pilot, I am worried about that issue.

Could you please tell me what should I do? any treatment? Any risk to lose the medical license?

Ps: Easa

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Last edited:
CrimsonEclipse, thank you for your share, but I have read so many things like that, it really does not give any realistic solution for this dysfunction, and similar articles either except non-frequent flyers like passenger. As a pilot, I am looking for something which at least can be degrade the level of the dysfunction.

Any opinion of AME or sufferer of that, or someone who succeeded to get rid of that?

Thank you anyway.

CrimsonEclipse, thank you for your share, but I have read so many things like that, it really does not give any realistic solution for this dysfunction, and similar articles either except non-frequent flyers like passenger. As a pilot, I am looking for something which at least can be degrade the level of the dysfunction.

Any opinion of AME or sufferer of that, or someone who succeeded to get rid of that?

Thank you anyway.
The doctor no longer follows this forum and all you'll get is speculation. I would give a real AME a call if you have questions.

Back