ETOPs Paper Charts

nyk

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find or purchase ETOPs paper Charts? I know a large amount of things are electronic now. I also understand the concept of these charts are aircraft specific which I believe is the reason I'm having difficulty finding them. If any of you are willing to share them with me that would be great.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find or purchase ETOPs paper Charts? I know a large amount of things are electronic now. I also understand the concept of these charts are aircraft specific which I believe is the reason I'm having difficulty finding them. If any of you are willing to share them with me that would be great.

I can't imagine what would be aircraft specific on a plotting chart.

@derg posted a good link for the Jeppesen stuff. The FAA doesn't actually print anything anymore, but there are a few companies that have a contract with them to provide charts. Here's a place to buy the EASTPAC charts for mainland to Hawaii (and I think Guam) routings.

I can't imagine what would be aircraft specific on a plotting chart.

@derg posted a good link for the Jeppesen stuff. The FAA doesn't actually print anything anymore, but there are a few companies that have a contract with them to provide charts. Here's a place to buy the EASTPAC charts for mainland to Hawaii (and I think Guam) routings.

Maaaaaaybe ETOPS circles?

We had plotting charts at work but they were fleet common and didn't include those.

Maaaaaaybe ETOPS circles?

We had plotting charts at work but they were fleet common and didn't include those.

Those would be speed specific though, not fleet. Unless you guys have different speeds for each fleet?

We currently have 4 speeds for all fleets which seems overly complex.

Those would be speed specific though, not fleet. Unless you guys have different speeds for each fleet?

We currently have 4 speeds for all fleets which seems overly complex.

Well, various speeds, various ETOPS capabilities, etc.

Not those I have those. I'm looking for the charts that have the ETOPs rings.

I don't think you'll find those. Like was discussed up thread, those are etops type, escape speed, and airport specific. So a chart with the west coast would have probably 10 airports each with 10 rings around them.

Reactions: nyk
I have this chart, but it doesn't have the ETOPs circles/rings.

Not to make it seem like I'm Magellan or anything but pre-printed ETOPS rings are essentially "fools gold".

Is the airport ETOPS capable? ETOPS legal (weather, NAVAIDS)? 60/90/120/180/??? minutes depends on speed, 767's 120 ETOPS ring is going to be smaller than a 777's ring because of speeds. There are really too many variables at play per flight for a pre-printed ETOPS ring.

I remember at a carrier I worked at they had the charts with the circles and believe it or not even the pilots had them on the aircraft. This was at a time where things were not completely electronic. I just need this to show a class as an introductory purpose.

Not to make it seem like I'm Magellan or anything but pre-printed ETOPS rings are essentially "fools gold".

Is the airport ETOPS capable? ETOPS legal (weather, NAVAIDS)? 60/90/120/180/??? minutes depends on speed, 767's 120 ETOPS ring is going to be smaller than a 777's ring because of speeds. There are really too many variables at play per flight for a pre-printed ETOPS ring.
This actually brings up quite an interesting question would a flight intentionally slow down to increase the ETOPS ring distance (say make that 767 match the rings of a triple)

Back