Established in Philly now

PhilosopherPilot

I am finally established up here, and had my first single-engine commercial add-on lesson today. I decided on Hortman Aviation at PNE. They seem to have their act together. They also don't charge a daily minimum for overnight rentals, so they certainly have my business.
smile.gif

Besides SkyGirl and Eagle, is there anyone else around the area? Anyone know of any good weekend destinations within the range of an Arrow from Philly?

Regards,

Grayson

Depends on what you call weekend. If you're into skiing, Michigan isn't TOO far away, though Vermont would probably be a better bet with where you're at. If you want to do a trip up to Michigan I'll take you out to lunch and we can talk philosophy
smile.gif

I'm in Kalamazoo, and skibum515 is in Ann Arbor. We commute between the two places like it's our job. I'm usually only in Kalamazoo for 4 days, then I spend 3 in Ann Arbor. She switches off and does the same. With that, if you want to fly to either we'd be happy to take you out. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I rented from Hortman this past summer when I was home from college. Hopefully, if I can arrange the schedule, I'd like to take my sister and aunt up to Lincoln Park or TEB, NJ through the VFR corridor on the Hudson River in the C172.

I'd actually like to get a job there, or anywhere at PNE working on the flightline doing something, or just work at a desk...something at an airport. What instructor at Hortman did you fly with? I did my 172 checkout flight with Jack McGrath, he was a nice guy.

Nick

I think ol Tommy is Bow-DONE after losing to Wake Forest and most likely this weekends thumping by his old man.
I say bring back Danny Ford!

[ QUOTE ]
aww sheeet.....a clemson tiger..
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now wait a minute...it seems to me that ole Ga Tech had some problems this year with the Tigers... I'll let bygones be bygones though.
smile.gif

I do agree though, that Tommy is going to be lucky to leave Tiger Town alive if he loses any more. (Let's pray that Duke will not put up too much of a fight.)

G

I met Jack, and he is a nice guy. My instructor's name is Justin. He seems like a nice enough guy, though we have only just met, and we haven't been up in a plane together yet.

Give them a call at Hortman, they may have an opening, though I don't have any inside scoops.
smile.gif

I am hoping to get the single comm add and the CFI done very quickly. It shouldn't take more than a month if I train 5-6 days a week right?

Oh, another thing, I'm planning on flying down to SC for Christmas. I think I'm going to file so that the ADIZ around DC is not an issue. Does anyone have any recommendations on routing? What about going way around DC to the North in hopes that I might get an "as filed" clearance?
Later,

Grayson

Fly to ILG and eat at "Air Transport Command". Nice airport, great steaks, outstanding "beer cheese soup".

They boil all the ETOH out, of course....be glad. I asked what kind they used and they said "PBR".

Hey come on down to GED and I'll buy you breakfast for a ride. Wouldn't be our first time meeting each other either
grin.gif

Here are my favorite airports to eat at

1.) GED best airport food I've ever had
2.) Millville
3.) Easton
4.) Cape May
5.) Damons at ILG (never been to the Mobility Command place)
6. Salisbury

Citationkid,
What's the name of the restaurant at Cape May that you like, and how far is it if it's not on the field?

Nick

It's right in the main terminal, I can't recall the name. Very good, the airport people used to fly over there every other weekend and eat breakfast.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey come on down to GED and I'll buy you breakfast for a ride. Wouldn't be our first time meeting each other either
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, not a problem. I'll let you know when I have a free weekend. It shouldn't be too long though.

Grayson

Back