Essay About Becoming a Pilot By An 8 Year Old

Ok so now I have to tell my corny pirate joke.

A pirate walked in to a bar, with a steering wheel hanging out of his pants zipper. The bar tender said "hey man, you have a sterring wheel hanging out of your zipper" and the pirate replied "Aye. It's drivin' me nuts."

grin.gif

Hmm...I'm going to talk to ATC in my best pirate voice next time I go up...

....hell, they'd probably still understand me better than half the dummies rambling on out there!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

A pirate walked in to a bar, with a steering wheel hanging out of his pants zipper. The bar tender said "hey man, you have a sterring wheel hanging out of your zipper" and the pirate replied "Aye. It's drivin' me nuts."

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost wet my pants with that one. For serious
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the general public is smarter where I am because I have never heard anyone say that being a pilot was easy and glamourous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you'll recall what the folks in the media were saying when USAirways and United were filing for bankruptcy, there is a huge misconception over the life of a pilot. You kept on hearing about guys making $300K a year and flying twice a month. For most people, all they know about aviation comes from media reports like that.

I guarantee you that of all the professional pilots here, nobody works twice a month and nobody makes $300K. If someone does, please let me know who you work for so that when I get the time and ratings, I can make sure I apply there.

Back