ERAU Worldwide

WannaGonnaC130

What exactly is ERAU Worldwide?

Is it an online program to get a degree? How much would it cost per year to attend? And finally, once you finish your degree, is there any graduation ceremony that you can be apart of?

Thanks for your help.

Worldwide is online classes. The cost varies depending on how many classes you take per year but it is about $250 per credit hour plus books. Yes the commencement ceremony is held at the Daytona Beach campus for Worldwide graduates.

Participation in the commencement ceremony is not required, but it is an option if you're willing to travel to Forida. The degrees offered online are the same ones offered on campus, but are limited to a few select programs.

Worldwide is online classes. The cost varies depending on how many classes you take per year but it is about $250 per credit hour plus books. Yes the commencement ceremony is held at the Daytona Beach campus for Worldwide graduates.
Actually 320 per credit hour for undergrad. I will be graduating in Feb.

I just graduated out of Prescott this semester...you Worldwide guys are champions (online drives ME nuts, been there...tried that). I commend the effort. Missing slightly though, mostly when it comes to the SF classes. I minored in Aviation Safety and Meteorology...and with SF, getting to go back into the crash lab was a hugely beneficial experience. If you're ever "in the area" and have the time, I highly recommend stopping by the campus and requesting to see Professor Waldock for a walk-through.

Good luck, OP!! I have several friends who started out in Prescott, but finished their degrees online due to life taking over and opportunities coming to fruition. If you have any specific questions in the future regarding classes, etc...post up and I'll answer to the extent of my experience.

Thanks! I am a late bloomer...only took me til age 38 to do it! Professional Aeronautics w minor in aviation safety.

I'll be doing something similar if they accept me. My experience with education is minimal, but I got really top GED scores when I "graduated" back in 97, and have had a rather expansive career in computer system administration and architecture both before and after that date ... currently at the top of my field ... so I hope that makes up for it.

How was the minor in safety? I'm considering the minor in security, as it sounds like it could be interesting.

Would you say that the academics are fairly rigorous? I'm thirsty to learn, and I'm hoping that the courses are more "challenging" than just "time consuming".

Also, are there any options for WorldWide students who visit the in-person campuses, or is it more of a "and never the twain shall meet" arrangement?

~Fox

I'll be doing something similar if they accept me. My experience with education is minimal, but I got really top GED scores when I "graduated" back in 97, and have had a rather expansive career in computer system administration and architecture both before and after that date ... currently at the top of my field ... so I hope that makes up for it.

How was the minor in safety? I'm considering the minor in security, as it sounds like it could be interesting.

Would you say that the academics are fairly rigorous? I'm thirsty to learn, and I'm hoping that the courses are more "challenging" than just "time consuming".

Also, are there any options for WorldWide students who visit the in-person campuses, or is it more of a "and never the twain shall meet" arrangement?

~Fox
I enjoyed the safety courses, I almost did the security/intelligence minor, I too thought it would be quite fun and interesting. Honestly though, I didn't want to drag it out and taking that minor would have cost me an extra 2 semesters of work, but if you are interested and want to , I say go for it! The work get's tougher in the last half of junior year and in the last year for sure (senior). I went in with a GED and 2 years of community college. Frankly was not given any credit for the community college stuff, but was given 2 years credit for having an ATP and CFI. Basically I entered as a sophomore and only had a handful of basic classes to take. I took 28 classes in all for just over two years worth of work. It is NOT self paced, there are deadlines and you must be self motivated or you'll fall way behind. Early on the classes are pretty easy, but as it progresses, so does the level of challenge.
I found it a great experience, I met people all over the world, most of them US Military deployed. There are lots of resources available if you need them, use them! Good luck to ya, whatever you decide!

Honestly though, I didn't want to drag it out and taking that minor would have cost me an extra 2 semesters of work, but if you are interested and want to , I say go for it! The work get's tougher in the last half of junior year and in the last year for sure (senior). It is NOT self paced, there are deadlines and you must be self motivated or you'll fall way behind. Early on the classes are pretty easy, but as it progresses, so does the level of challenge.
I found it a great experience, I met people all over the world, most of them US Military deployed. There are lots of resources available if you need them, use them! Good luck to ya, whatever you decide!

Thanks a ton. ^.^ I'm really looking forward to getting started.

-Fox

And there we go--admitted and registered for my first class: "Introduction to computers and applications".

Sigh! :>

~Fox
Cloud Systems Architect & Sr. Unix Administrator
Hewlett Packard

Where do you guys take your exams and finals at? There is a ERAU extended branch out here in Orlando, and I wonder if that's where I'll have to go for those. Some online classes I have taken in the past required proctored exams, I don't know if ERAU is any different.

All of my exams and coursework has been online through BlackBoard. Been going to ERAU Worldwide for a few years now, about 5 classes away from finishing up.

Check into CLEP tests. Some of the gen Ed filler stuff can be accomplished through CLEP testing.

I finished my MAS through ERAU worldwide back in July. First 5 classes I took were in a classroom but once I went to Korea, I started the online courses. Used my Post 9/11 GI Bill so it was free...for the military guys, take advantage of the bill!!!

ERAU Worldwide is pretty interesting, I am adjunct faculty over in Europe and it is all USAF teaching. I am sure that is open to USAREUR etc as well as locals connected with activities there.

As I understand it there is Worldwide Online too, which is open to all. Commencement happens in Europe too. The key is flexibility, if people are trying to get a degree and go TDY etc, which is pretty dedicated. Take advantage of any military/retired links you have.

Alex.

Back