Era Alaska Changes name

z987k

http://www.newsminer.com/business/e...cle_280e8100-7412-11e3-bc98-0019bb30f31a.html

Associated Press |

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A regional air carrier in Alaska is undergoing a name change.

Era Alaska says in a Thursday release that it will rename itself Ravn Alaska.

Other airlines in the company also will get new names. Era Aviation will become Corvus Airlines. Hageland Aviation and Frontier Flying Service will now be known as Ravn Connect.

The company says the change is to decrease confusion and distinguish the airline from others in the industry that also carry Era in their names.

The new names will be phased in over the next few months.

The company says it provides daily passenger and cargo flights to nearly 100 Alaska communities.

I'm assuming it's because of the bad press associated with the name Era, since they seem to have had some issues this year.

The only other company that has Era in the name is Era helicopters, and I don't think anyone is confusing the two.

Stupid name.

Hopefully they are making some internal changes that make this more than just a whitewashing, I'm not really in touch with aviation in that part of the state.

I had to look up Corvus, since I didn't go to Catholic school. Apparently it's Latin for Raven.... someone's trying to be clever.

Surely, you can't be serious!
upload_2014-1-3_11-49-13.jpeg

I had to look up Corvus, since I didn't go to Catholic school. Apparently it's Latin for Raven.... someone's trying to be clever.

But in that part of the state there is more Russian Orthodox influence. So should have gone with Voron Aviation.

Back