Equipment Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah......4 new PCATDs due on property by Aug. 2005
grin.gif

Seriously, what are they planning to upgrade?.....the 172s?

They word on the street is an upgrade to Cirrus airframes for Inst., Comm., and I guess Private too but I don't know. The rumor is getting your initial comm. in the multi. thus taking care of the complex requirements and then getting the single add-on in the Cirrus. If they go this route though, it will probably include purchasing some full motion sims and switching from a 141 to a 142 program. New equipment is always cool but I'm not a big fan of 142 programs because of the decrease of actual flying in favor of sims.

I flew an SR-22 when Cirrus was here last and those things are incredible, but it remains to be seen if they can take the beatings like a 152.

Wow, I can only imagine how much the price is going to sky rocket when this ever comes to be. The price for the whole course in Sanford already appears to have doubled in the past 5 years, and is the main reason I can no longer recommend the Sanford program to anyone.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I still remember "Jet Direct" as another sure-to-happen deal that never came to be (Thank God).

[ QUOTE ]
I flew an SR-22 when Cirrus was here last and those things are incredible, but it remains to be seen if they can take the beatings like a 152.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because you had a superior pilot at the controls!

I would think they could do the program for around the same cost if not less. Tons less maintenance costs on fewer/newer aircraft etc. I really don't have any idea but that would be my guess... we'll all have to stay tuned to see...

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I can only imagine how much the price is going to sky rocket when this ever comes to be. The price for the whole course in Sanford already appears to have doubled in the past 5 years, and is the main reason I can no longer recommend the Sanford program to anyone.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I still remember "Jet Direct" as another sure-to-happen deal that never came to be (Thank God).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the school wants to be competetive by any means they cannot charge more for the training. I have also heard, from credible sources, that the lease on each cirrus will actually cost less than the current lease prices on the arrows. Plus, every TBO the aircraft will be swapped for new ones.

I think it is a good deal and necessary for the school's survival, but I must agree with "Shizzle". I am not keen on trading airplane time for Sim time. We all know it's not the same, and I'm afraid to see what would happen to the quality of "stick & rudder" abilities of people who come in with 0 time.

Who knows...I guess we'll see....

Im not trying to ruin your credible source. But i somehow i hope/disbelieve that the lease payment on a 100-200 thousand dollar arrow is less than a 250-400 thousand dollar airplane.

I don't think it will happen. The insurance cost is sky high for the Cirrus and about 4 times as high as the older DCA aircraft. The Cirrus aircraft are still new on the claims chart and the insurance industry has placed high high premiums on them. Unless Cirrus has cut a sweat deal, the high cost is another factor that will keep DCA from owning more than one for show.

[ QUOTE ]
Im not trying to ruin your credible source. But i somehow i hope/disbelieve that the lease payment on a 100-200 thousand dollar arrow is less than a 250-400 thousand dollar airplane.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard to believe when you are talking about a large number of aircraft, and a long term contract. Cirrus makes out better on the deal than anyone else.
You take 60 ~300,000 dollar aircraft, lease them to a flight school until the first TBO, take the plane back, put a new engine into it and sell it for 200-250 thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back