Epic Drunken Meltdown Gets Live Tweeted

Some of you saw this on the Facebook, but I never posted it here. This happened to me four weeks ago ...

So about 30-min after leaving SFO on the red eye I'm awoken from my window seat slumber by the middle aged female pax in the aisle seat poking me with a terrified look on her face. I look down and the young woman between us is laying across her lap, unconscious. No amount of poking or prodding will wake her. The aisle pax is trying to push her off of her but she returns each time. She's not responding to anything, and the thought occurs to us that she may be dead. Ring the call button, but it takes an FA about 5-min to respond. During that time we keep pushing on her to try and get her in her seat, and each time she falls over to the other side like some sort of reverse weeble wobble. I don't do a good job of steering her because I keep thinking she's going to wake with me grabbing her and scream "this guy is touching me!" But each time she teeters past center she ends up landing face down in my lap and I quickly decide this is far, far worse. I push her to the other side. One FA comes, which quickly becomes four FAs trying to revive her. Finally she pushes back and comes into semi-consciousness. They keep asking what she took and she says nothing. Full flight, no extra seats, so nowhere for anyone to go.. FAs leave, but not before offering some complimentary headphones. Thanks - because background Kenny-G will certainly make this situation feel better. She continues making a bed of us, at one point wrapping her legs around mine in a scissor hold. Molested by a semi-conscious Asian woman - bucket list item #529 - check. In seriousness, it was quite awful. FAs convince her to go to the bathroom. Surprise, she locks herself in. FA calls Captain to discuss possible diversion. 30-min later they bust in and she appears somewhat recovered. Back to her seat and now she just more gradually teeters between us this time. Think "Weekend at Bernie's" but at FL350 and for three and a half more hours.

So that was my morning...

Scrolling through the comments I saw this gem:

"Unfortunately, some airlines will continue to serve alcohol… this is the reason I will never fly America West again… I complained once we finally landed in Vegas, and barely a thank you, but I believe they kept him from getting on another plane."

Back