Entire morning scheduled CX?

Teller1900

Am I reading ftweb right, did CJC/Continental cancel pretty much every one of our flights going anywhere before noon today? I don't start work until 1 this afternoon, is the weather really that bad up there?

Welcome to Newark. When the arrival rate goes downhill and the slot restrictions tighten up the connection/express flights get cancelled so mainline can operate.

Colgan cancelled BHB all day yesterday and today because I played hockey on the runway last night instead of going flying.

What's not to love about all the canceled flights? It's probably my favorite part about being ewr based. Middle of winter and middle of summer = huge cancellations.

On a side note they seem to be pretty pro-active this year about pre-cancelations. All of the morning flights were cancelled as of 8pm last night.

Colgan cancelled BHB all day yesterday and today because I played hockey on the runway last night instead of going flying.

A FA friend of mine was in EWR with me yesterday for a FA union meeting. He knew early in the afternoon that his flight from BOS to BHB where he's TDY'ing this month had been cancelled. :panic:

I was supposed to be on an overnight in PIT, but had it removed for me to attend the meeting or else I would have gotten to sleep in (and not have the dreaded 0400 wakeup call). I believe the crew is leaving PIT early this afternoon.
Gotta love cx pay in the winter! :)

Don't know what Colgan's policy on CX flights is, but at PCL, there would be a lot of guys losing out on pay b/c of this.

pay is original scheduled block for the day... or better, whichever is flown... unless it changed since the last time I flew.

pay is original scheduled block for the day... or better, whichever is flown... unless it changed since the last time I flew.

<grumble grumble> gonna burn down the building on Nonconnah <grumble grumble>

See, we get 50% pay if the flight is CXld.

<grumble grumble> gonna burn down the building on Nonconnah <grumble grumble>

See, we get 50% pay if the flight is CXld.

We only get block for wx cx. If it's mx, we get $0 and a boot up our...well...lets just say they don't like us canceling stuff on mx. We also don't get hot reserve/hesitation pay/whatever they're calling it now, no matter how long the sit if it's mx. At least that's how it was last week...who knows what we do or don't get paid for this week?

I've heard that it had switched to that. But I've had my entire day mx cancel and got paid my original scheduled day still. Pulled out the brink memo about pay.

Back