Entertaining, a little Concerning and Odd ATC transmissions

I refused a runway in DTW because it was icy and outside out crosswind limitations but it was just “Unable for operational restriction, request 27” and magic happened. So easy when you’re dispassionate about it.

I refused a runway in DTW because it was icy and outside out crosswind limitations but it was just “Unable for operational restriction, request 27” and magic happened. So easy when you’re dispassionate about it.
I mean, it was pretty clear the controller heard what he wanted and was gonna make it happen and he chose that moment to go full tantrum ugly American.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I mean, this one has a lot of “dafuq?” involved.

• Global Express operating as VistaJet 868 taxis out and makes traffic pattern request from tower
  • Departs BFI RWY 34L VFR enters traffic pattern
  • Pilot tells tower they want to depart to the north.
  • Tower gives "HARD RIGHT TURN NOW" for Boeing 757 climbing out of KSEA northbound.
  • Tower asks VJT868 for intentions. They request IFR to Athens/LGAV.
  • Tower tells them to land if they want IFR clearance.
  • Pilot says they can't for 5 hours due to weight, tower has him remain airborne in traffic pattern.
  • VJT868 gets vectored around Class D airspace and eventually is told to contact Seattle Departure for IFR as they exit the Class D to the Southeast
Rumor floating around is they wanted to give the pax a view of downtown Seattle.

I mean, this one has a lot of “dafuq?” involved.

• Global Express operating as VistaJet 868 taxis out and makes traffic pattern request from tower
  • Departs BFI RWY 34L VFR enters traffic pattern
  • Pilot tells tower they want to depart to the north.
  • Tower gives "HARD RIGHT TURN NOW" for Boeing 757 climbing out of KSEA northbound.
  • Tower asks VJT868 for intentions. They request IFR to Athens/LGAV.
  • Tower tells them to land if they want IFR clearance.
  • Pilot says they can't for 5 hours due to weight, tower has him remain airborne in traffic pattern.
  • VJT868 gets vectored around Class D airspace and eventually is told to contact Seattle Departure for IFR as they exit the Class D to the Southeast
Rumor floating around is they wanted to give the pax a view of downtown Seattle.

If a Tower controller told me I had to land to get and IFR clearance I'd laugh at him, climb to 17.5k, while switching to center as we exited his airspace.

If a Tower controller told me I had to land to get and IFR clearance I'd laugh at him, climb to 17.5k, while switching to center as we exited his airspace.

If a pilot did what this guy did I’d laugh at him and say “unable ifr clearance at this time, remain clear of the bravo, maintain vfr”. I ain’t reading no full route clearance from Seattle to Athens, Greece on an active freq.

If a pilot did what this guy did I’d laugh at him and say “unable ifr clearance at this time, remain clear of the bravo, maintain vfr”. I ain’t reading no full route clearance from Seattle to Athens, Greece on an active freq.
You can't clear him to Greece anyways, so clear him to the FIR and be done with it. In this case that'd probably be 35-40 minutes away and off to the Canadians. Or let them call FSS.
But land? No.

You can't clear him to Greece anyways, so clear him to the FIR and be done with it. In this case that'd probably be 35-40 minutes away and off to the Canadians. Or let them call FSS.
But land? No.

I actually wouldn’t have had any idea how to read an international clearance. Not something I’ve ever been trained because no one other than this guy has tried to get one in the air.

Back