Endorsements make me crazy...

azaviator08

Just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly, so the FAA is happy :) So all students should be initially signed off with 13. And then each additional 90 day endorsements would be using 14? Do you think a lot of people miss this detail? I just realized it when I was going through the AC. One of my students had the wrong thing in there logbook and it was one of those pre-made endorsements. As long as you endorse according to the AC you will be okay right?

13. Solo flight (first 90-day period): section 61.87(n)(2).​
[FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]
I certify that (​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS]First name, MI, Last name[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]) has received the required training to qualify for solo flying. I have determined he/she meets the applicable requirements of section 61.87(n) and is proficient to make solo flights in ([/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS]make and model[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]).
/s/ [date] J. J. Jones 987654321CFI Exp. 12-31-05

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
14. Solo flight (each additional 90-day period): section 61.87(p)(v).​
[FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]
I certify that (​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS]First name, MI, Last name[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]) has received the required training to qualify for solo flying. I have determined he/she meets the applicable requirements of section 61.87(p) and is proficient to make solo flights in ([/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS][FONT=JFILBL+TimesNewRomanPS,Times New Roman PS]make and model[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT][FONT=JFIKGN+TimesNewRomanPSMT,Times New Roman PSMT]).

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yeah thats all correct, also endorse his student pilot certificate. Also go ahead and give him his endorsement for solo flight within 25NM in case he/she needs to divert to another airport.

The AC 61.65 is pretty good and you are right for using this.

Just a heads up, when you get to this one...
38. Flight proficiency/practical test: sections 61.103(f), 61.107(b), and 61.109.
I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the required training in accordance with
sections 61.107 and 61.109. I have determined he/she is prepared for the (name the practical
test).

It does not include 61.39. Add that to it.

I'm in a love-hate relationship with endorsements. I love to hate them... there are too many to remember, DPEs get picky, and your always guaranteed to screw one of them up!

But it does feel pretty cool signing that solo one... :rolleyes:

Just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly, so the FAA is happy :) So all students should be initially signed off with 13. And then each additional 90 day endorsements would be using 14? Do you think a lot of people miss this detail?
No. At least I hope most CFIs understand that the solo logbook endorsement needs to be "renewed" every 90 days.

I call them initial endorsements. So you will have the pre-solo knowledge and the initial solo endorsement stating you went over all the maneuvers. Then you supplement that with a 90 day endorsement when required. Same thing with XC, you will have an initial XC stating you gave the training, after that anyone can sign them off for a specific XC flight.

If anyone wants some nice endorsements that are formated to be printed on stickers, PM me you email address. I have almost every endorsement youll need and they keep your students logbooks looking purdy.

Back