Endorsements for IA + CFII + IGI writtens

aloft

Can anyone tell me if I need separate endorsements to take the instrument airplane, flight instructor - instrument airplane and instrument ground instructor knowledge tests? Or is one for the instrument airplane test good for the other two?

Technically, the IA endorsement is only good for the IA written, so no, it doesn't cover the other two. However, you don't need an endorsement to take an flight or ground instructor writtten, so in the end you only need the one endorsement for the IA.

Ray

Ditto what Ray Ray said, Aloft.

I took all three of the Instrument writtens on the same day (IA, CFI-I and IGI) and only needed an endorsement for the IA.

You taking all three? Great idea! Glad I got them all out of the way.

R2F

I took the IGI and IA in the same day. Same test bank of questions. I wasnt too concerend about the IGI since no examiner was going to be looking at it. I rushed through the IGI and spent my time and worked everything out on the IA, I got the SAME score! on both.

In case you lose your medical....then you can stil give instrument ground instruction when your CFI expires.

Ray

If you want to be a gold seal instructor you must have a ground instructor cert.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to be a gold seal instructor you must have a ground instructor cert.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a gold seal instructor?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or a REEEEEALLY lenient DE.
grin.gif

Yeah, but then what? What if you are a Golden Seal Instructor? How is that recognized? How is it better? Is it just something saying you got 80%'s on your tests?

Most gold seal CFIs charge more under the premise that you're getting better than average instruction.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just something saying you got 80%'s on your tests?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is just a 80% pass rate of the students you instruct.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing really, just something to put on your resume, and set you apart from the rest I guess. Your certificate will have a gold FAA seal on it (instead of black).

Its not like it costs anything, and once you get it, its for life- each time you renew, it will always be a gold seal. I plan on getting mine, but I need to sign off a few more people.

[ QUOTE ]
DE's don't give out Gold Seals

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but not my point. DE's either pass or fail your students. To be a "Gold Seal", you have to have above an 80% pass rate.

Follow me now?
wink.gif

8700.1 CHG 9 6/1/93
13-4 Vol. 2

E. Required Criteria. Inspect the appl icant’s certificates and record of flight instruction to determine if the applicant meets the following criteria at the time of application:

(1) holds a Flight Instructor Certificate and at
least a Commercial Pilot Certificate with an Instrument
rating;

(2) holds a Ground Instructor Certificate with an
Advanced or an Instrument Ground Instructor rating;
and

(3) within the past 24 months has accomplished
one of the following:

(a ) trained and recommended for certification at least 10 applicants for certificates or ratings; 80 percent of these applicants must have passed the flight test on their first attempt;

(b) conducted at least 20 practical tests as a
designated pilot examiner or 20 graduation tests as
chief flight instructor for an approved pilot school
course; or

(c) a combination of (a) and (b) (two
practical tests equal one trained and recommended
applicant).

Ray

Back