Endorsement Questions

Alchemy

I should know this, but don't....

Do the endorsements you give stating that someone is competent to pass a practical expire (assuming they have not taken the checkride; no busts or re-certifications)? For some reason I thought they expired 60 days after they were written, but I can't find a basis for this in the FAR's.

Also, is there a "3 hours of training the previous 60 days" requirement for the CFI checkride? Can't find a regulation that says you need that either.

It appears that Part 61.39 (a) (6) (i) would give a practical test endorsement 60 days of validity.

For the CFI, there is no 3-hours-in-previous-60 days requirement.

Yeah...what mtsu said...

There is a 3 hour reqmnt for private pilots(61.109 para 4). Notice how it says within 60 days preceding the date of the test, but 61.39 says within 60 days preceding the date of application. They don't know what they want!

[ QUOTE ]
Notice how it says within 60 days preceding the date of the test, but 61.39 says within 60 days preceding the date of application. They don't know what they want!

[/ QUOTE ]

Say_speed hit it with that one - you take your test when you submit your application!

I guess I always interpreted application to mean the date on the 8710. Reading it again sloowwly, you guys are right.

is there really a differance??? I have always dated my 8710's for the date of the checkride, which I would think would make 'practical test' and 'application' the same.

If I have a checkride on Sunday morning and I am filling out my 8710 saturday night... well, my date of application is sunday morning.

Back