Endorsement for FOI written?

Kmaceri

Falcon Aviation Academy wants me to get my both FOI written and Flight Instructor Airplane written before I start training for CFI. They said I do not need an endorsement to take these tests, but when looking at 61.183 it states "Receive a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor on the fundamentals of instructing listed in 91.185 of this part appropriate to the required knowledge test." Or is this just stating that I need to just get an endorsement for the Fundamentles of Instructing portion of the aeronautical knowledge? Oh and my friend received an endorsement for his FOI written.

The endorsement you are talking about is for the ground part of your CFI training(FOI). You do not need endorsements for your two written test. You are applying to be a flight instructor, the FAA assumes that you can decide when you are ready to take the FOI & FIA.

Yeah I came to the conclusion that its for the ground portion of FOI. Thanks for the help guys. I've been studying for 2 days straight and im taking that test tomorrow and I was pissed when my friend told me I needed an endorsement.

Yeah i took it last Friday and scored a 90. It only took 10 minutes, I crammed the answers using the Gleim FOI book.

Back