Endeavor vs Mesa?

chayes898

Hey guys! I have offers from both for my first gig and need to decide soon. Thoughts on joining either shop?

Leaning towards 9E as their training and management seem better but YV is closer to the west coast.

Any insight on junior assignment, shift times, or anything else important would be much appreciated!

Hey guys! I have offers from both for my first gig and need to decide soon. Thoughts on joining either shop?

Leaning towards 9E as their training and management seem better but YV is closer to the west coast.

Any insight on junior assignment, shift times, or anything else important would be much appreciated!
I worked at EDV and can tell you the training is pretty good. They will teach you and mold you into a strong dxer. Overall the company and management is mostly good people, I still keep in touch with quite a few. There’s room for growth internally, and obviously Delta hires quite a few from EDV as it is wholly owned, if that’s the legacy you want to aim for. DL also prioritizes ex employees up to 2 years after leaving EDV if they apply down the road. The scheduler is awesome and really works with people on time off that’s needed, like last min vacation requests, etc. They pay well for a regional and pay more holidays than most companies I know. When I worked there, the shifts were around 2:30am, 3:30am, 4:30am, 5am, 7am, 9am, 11am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm and an overnight. Very staggered which was great. 4 on, 3 off. I myself moved on to an ULCC and then had offers from 2 legacies this summer. It’s an excellent path.

That being said… MSP is beautiful Spring through Fall, has the seasons, lakes and isn’t an incredibly expensive city compared to other places. However, it can and does get down to -20 or worse for days to weeks at a time. Keep in mind there’s no telling exactly how long you will be at a regional. Could be months, could be years. PHX however on the opposite side gets above 110-115… So I suppose it depends on which hell you prefer lol. I will say I have had a couple of friends come from Mesa and did not have the best experience. It wasn’t terrible, but did not sound great. I also heard a rumor that Mesa soon may not be flying for American much longer… How much of that is true I don’t know. But if it is, that says something… There is one guy from Mesa at my legacy now as well though. And I have heard quite a few say they loved living in Arizona. Whether that’s PHX specifically or somewhere else I don’t know. I would fly to both MSP and PHX for a few days each, really explore and see which vibe and environment you prefer. How you think your quality of life will be in case you may be there a while… Good luck!

Last edited:
Spent time working for JO a moon or two ago. Mesa has a really nice office for there SOC, however there is and has always been management there looking out for their own ends. If you can stand the summer heat, get your feet wet and get out, then YV is an option. In addition to certain management parading their own objectives, the pay really stinks compared to other regionals, especially as you progress up the scale and make less in raises than you might elsewhere. You also will meet many characters there in dispatch, some that will never work elsewhere and some very talented folks getting their experience and moving on to greener pastures. Dispatch there is very much a revolving door with many peeps going at a time and new hire classes on the heels of the departures.

Be cautious of the AA codeshare; nothing official, but AA has put a lot of pieces in place that may see Mesa leave the American Eagle flying all together. The UA contract, which I believe covers more planes, seems to be in a much better position. That said, given the constant in and out, a new hire shouldn't have to worry too much if the Eagle contract ends, IMHO.

That being said… MSP is beautiful Spring through Fall, has the seasons, lakes and isn’t an incredibly expensive city compared to other places. However, it can and does get down to -20 or worse for days to weeks at a time. Keep in mind there’s no telling exactly how long you will be at a regional. Could be months, could be years. PHX however on the opposite side gets above 110-115… So I suppose it depends on which hell you prefer lol. I will say I have had a couple of friends come from Mesa and did not have the best experience. It wasn’t terrible, but did not sound great. I also heard a rumor that Mesa soon may not be flying for American much longer… How much of that is true I don’t know. But if it is, that says something… There is one guy from Mesa at my legacy now as well though. And I have heard quite a few say they loved living in Arizona. Whether that’s PHX specifically or somewhere else I don’t know. I would fly to both MSP and PHX for a few days each, really explore and see which vibe and environment you prefer. How you think your quality of life will be in case you may be there a while… Good luck!

Having lived in one and visited the other, I can say both locations have there own appeal and that is not a bad thing. PHX has more stuff within the metro area while MSP spreads out. PHX has a lot of nature related attractions, particularly mountains, hiking and nearby canyon country. MSP has water activities in the Summer and great nearby towns in MN and WI. Visiting both is a good suggestion.

If you get to pick you should go with endeavor. Better work environment, better management and culture, and better nonreving if you like to travel since EDV gets priority on Delta over all other regionals

Flagship…just get your 121 time and go to a ULCC/Major in a year or two,but should the music stop you’ll want to be at EDV versus YV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It will be interesting to see if they try to get more DHL or Prime flying to offset the loss in AA.

DHL- MAYBE if the other 73 operators don't want the flying (DHL pays the absolute lowest rates in the world)
Amazon/Prime Air- NEVER going to happen.

Feels like half our external new hires at DL have been Endeavor, though we've had one Mesa hire in a few classes.

Feels like half our external new hires at DL have been Endeavor, though we've had one Mesa hire in a few classes.

Isn’t there a flow program there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back