EMS and the Airline Deregulation Act

Of course it was PHI lol.

I expected AMC, actually. They’re the ones with the bad rep for putting liens on people's houses.

The if this stands, the whole industry is looking at a shake-up because this is how the EMS companies can charge so much for a ride, regardless of medical necessity. I never bought off on the claim that pricing was protected by the ADA. A patient rarely has the option to “shop around.” Essentially, there is no competition or choice on the part of the consumer.

There is no incentive for the EMS companies to reach “in-network” pricing with insurance companies because they’ll go after the patient (or the estate) for the balance. Maybe this will change things?

I expected AMC, actually. They’re the ones with the bad rep for putting liens on people's houses.

The if this stands, the whole industry is looking at a shake-up because this is how the EMS companies can charge so much for a ride, regardless of medical necessity. I never bought off on the claim that pricing was protected by the ADA. A patient rarely has the option to “shop around.” Essentially, there is no competition or choice on the part of the consumer.

There is no incentive for the EMS companies to reach “in-network” pricing with insurance companies because they’ll go after the patient (or the estate) for the balance. Maybe this will change things?

Y’all may want to take a gander at who the newest EVP of AMC is...

Back