Emergency procedure.

David?!

Hello everyone I am a NOOB! I signed up for a dispatch school in Monterey CA called Airline Career Training and on my Fourth Day the instructor quit saying I would never pass the written exam. So I am side tracked for now. How can I take the written exam on my own? What is the name of the test? I looked at an online course called gold seal ground school can this help? I also bought the Gleim ATP book 2013 edition it's in the mail. My goal is to prove the poor instructor at AirlineCareerTraining wrong and to become a Dispatcher of course. I fell in love with this job really fast!!!

Hello everyone I am a NOOB! I signed up for a dispatch school in Monterey CA called Airline Career Training and on my Fourth Day the instructor quit saying I would never pass the written exam.

I take my spoon of spaghettios down from my mouth and exclaim, "wtf"?

To provide some sort of meaningful response to your question, first-time test takers on the ADX do not require any written endorsement. You just need to be 21 and have legally-acceptable photo id, and $150 ready to hand over to the testing center. I would recommend Sheppard Air for self-study but the red book you ordered will do just fine. G'luck.

Thanks all, been doing a lot of investigating and, found out a lot of the above. Going to use all forms of study available and, knock on the door of that poor excuse of a school when I'm done!! Till then I have a lot of work to do.

Thanks all, been doing a lot of investigating and, found out a lot of the above. Going to use all forms of study available and, knock on the door of that poor excuse of a school when I'm done!! Till then I have a lot of work to do.
Why would you go back to a school that already thinks you will fail? You don't have anything to prove to them. Go to a well known reputable school and chances are you will do fine. If it's a money issue, take them to small claims and tell it to the judge.
The written is just a small part of the big picture.

Word, the two guys who just passed their practicals here for the 2 week course both used it and got 90s...

I'm becoming more convinced that it's actually difficult to get less than a 90 if you use their software properly. I would feel very sheepish about using the Sheppard software, scoring an 89 and asking them for my money back.

I used Gleim but got way more out of their software program as opposed to the book. Sounds like you need to get in touch with some better schools and explore your options, as there is a LOT to learn to pass the FAA Oral & Practical. The ADX is just the first step. I went to Jeppesen and several here have talked very highly of Sheffield and IFOD. I think it's safe to say that you can't go wrong with any of those three. Good luck to you! :)

I used Gleim but got way more out of their software program as opposed to the book. Sounds like you need to get in touch with some better schools and explore your options, as there is a LOT to learn to pass the FAA Oral & Practical. The ADX is just the first step. I went to Jeppesen and several here have talked very highly of Sheffield and IFOD. I think it's safe to say that you can't go wrong with any of those three. Good luck to you! :)
Amen, I just got my license an hour ago:) ! Took me an hour to do the flight plan and 1.5 hours for the oral, and about 30 mins of it was going over my flight plan with the lady from Southwest. Tomorrow, I'm gonna do my ETOPS course and then I have 6 days to chill until I fly back to Hawaii. Now I just have to find a job...

I'm becoming more convinced that it's actually difficult to get less than a 90 if you use their software properly. I would feel very sheepish about using the Sheppard software, scoring an 89 and asking them for my money back.
Unfortunately, one of the international students here got a 69% and had to retake it:(. Still, I highly recommend the Gleim or ASA online programs since they also mimic exactly the real test...

Unfortunately, one of the international students here got a 69% and had to retake it:(. Still, I highly recommend the Gleim or ASA online programs since they also mimic exactly the real test...

There's not really any excuse to fail. It's not that hard of a test and all possible answers are provided.

Amen, I just got my license an hour ago:) ! Took me an hour to do the flight plan and 1.5 hours for the oral, and about 30 mins of it was going over my flight plan with the lady from Southwest. Tomorrow, I'm gonna do my ETOPS course and then I have 6 days to chill until I fly back to Hawaii. Now I just have to find a job...

Congrats.
Do you plan on staying in hawaii? Currentlly no company is hiring in hawaii, but Hawaiian air is "suppose" to open a few positions sometime next year.

Congrats.
Do you plan on staying in hawaii? Currentlly no company is hiring in hawaii, but Hawaiian air is "suppose" to open a few positions sometime next year.
I applied for the Aloha Air cargo dispatch position last week but haven't heard back from them yet...

I applied for the Aloha Air cargo dispatch position last week but haven't heard back from them yet...
Yea i applied for them too and nothing yet.. I seen they just closed the posting the other day, so maybe they havent worked on it yet..

Hello everyone I am a NOOB! I signed up for a dispatch school in Monterey CA called Airline Career Training and on my Fourth Day the instructor quit saying I would never pass the written exam. So I am side tracked for now. How can I take the written exam on my own? What is the name of the test? I looked at an online course called gold seal ground school can this help? I also bought the Gleim ATP book 2013 edition it's in the mail. My goal is to prove the poor instructor at AirlineCareerTraining wrong and to become a Dispatcher of course. I fell in love with this job really fast!!!

Wow....all I have to say is wow....

I will admit, the exam was pretty hard but the good think about this test is that you can memorize 90% of the answers that are not the flight plan or the weight and balance. I scored a 79% on mine and I know the average when I was in school was about 75%. Remember, all you need is a 70% to pass. The exam is honestly a joke because if really doesn't have anything to do with practical dispatching. A lot of the questions are from the ATP and not tailored to being a dispatcher. There are some of the regulations questions that are part if the job however but questions like staffing on an airplane or how many megaphones or fire extinguishers are not.

I would go with the ASA book and get the Sheppard program, I believe with the Sheppard, they guarantee you will pass with a 90% but I heard about this program after I passed.

Good luck with the test, you do not need a sign off to take it, only if you fail it the first time or you will need to wait 30 days. Let me know if you need anything!

Back