Eight people are believed to be dead after two planes collided over Idaho's Coeur d'Alene Lake

PGA pro Sean Fredrickson died in a plane crash in Idaho over the weekend, a tragic accident that also killed his son and two stepchildren, officials said.

The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office said Fredrickson and his family died Sunday afternoon when two planes collided, mid-air, over Lake Coeur d’Alene before sinking in more than 125 feet of water, according to FOX12. Officials said eight people were aboard but no one survived.
RIP.

This sucks.

It's often painful when people die. Especially when people die violently and unexpectedly. And extra especially when they die for no good reason at all.

Money temps us. Distraction allows us. Arrogance enables us. Could we all just set our cruise controls to the speed limit and stay in our freaking lanes? Or on our fairways? Or at our mounds? Or on our gridirons? Or on our trading floors? Or in our offices? Or at least... could we please, please, please signal our turns?

It was a former OO captain, I didn't know him personally but he was a great guy from what I hear. Tailwinds friend.
Neil did my right seat IOE in the EMB-120 in 04' and left seat in 06'. I flew a lot of months with him back before PBS and we had hardlines. Him and Russell the love muscle. Neil truly was a good person. He always made you laugh and smile. I was making $19.02/hr in that thing 8 legs a day, but you wouldn't know it because Neil had you entertained the entire time.

I'll never forget 2 flights I had with him. One was during my new hire IOE on downwind for SNA in the 120. Before that point I only had 2.0 actual from being a CFI in socal. Neil tells me, disconnect the autopilot and hand fly it. I did a deep breath, ding ding ding, autopilot. I had a hard time with the thing and Neil just let me have it. I didn't know it at the time, but he was grooming me.

On one flight from SFO-ACV, after we land, ground tells us theres a "ground delay program" in effect back to SFO. Neil looks over at me puzzled and says, "how would he know the van to the hotel is delayed?". I told Neil he was talking about flow. Neil, rightfully not trusting his new hire FO, clicks the mic and inquires about the hotel van being delayed. Ground clicked the mic and just chuckled back.

I remember the moment he and I became a trusted partnership in the cockpit. We landed in LAX on 25L and made the highspeed turn off heading for 25R. Ground tells us to hold short and I acknowledged. As we approached the hold short line it was apparent Neil wasn't stopping. I quickly yelled out to stop and slammed on the brakes, skidding the plane to a stop. We never crossed the line. Neil looked over at me and smiled and said, "ok, now you're useful for something". we both laughed. I will miss him. He taught me a lot.

Neil was from the Isle of Man.

Here's a gofundme if anyone wishes to donate to his wife and 3 kids.

Gofundme

Back