effecting change

navyac

I think that for all the people out there that are looking at being an ATC, or are currently in the process or even for current FAA employees, but are concerned about the pay, etc. I truly feel that by following this link and writing your senators about ur concerns, then maybe you can be more of a help than by going on here and writing your gripes.

I am former military so i receive GI benefits as well as the $20K recruitment bonus which made it somewhat financially viable to take a pay cut and pursue the FAA, however had i not been privy to any of these benefits, there is no way i could stomach this process. I feel for all you out there fresh out of college looking into this career because i know I couldnt do it.

Anyways, here is the link. Maybe if we make enough of a stink, we can further our cause
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

I think that for all the people out there that are looking at being an ATC, or are currently in the process or even for current FAA employees, but are concerned about the pay, etc. I truly feel that by following this link and writing your senators about ur concerns, then maybe you can be more of a help than by going on here and writing your gripes.

I am former military so i receive GI benefits as well as the $20K recruitment bonus which made it somewhat financially viable to take a pay cut and pursue the FAA, however had i not been privy to any of these benefits, there is no way i could stomach this process. I feel for all you out there fresh out of college looking into this career because i know I couldnt do it.

Anyways, here is the link. Maybe if we make enough of a stink, we can further our cause
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

I applied to get GI benefits or actually transfer them from The University of Oklahoma to the FAA academy and received a letter stating that it was not possible. They said that the FAA was not set up as one of the approved schools for veterans to receive benefits at.....

I feel for all you out there fresh out of college looking into this career because i know I couldnt do it.

I just simply don't understand this sentiment when it's brought up. Fresh out of college is the perfect time to make less money, and the money is actually pretty decent for entry level work.

I'm not saying it never happens, but I don't know many people that make much more than 40k/yr right out of college and that's pretty much what you make at your starting facility with locality pay factored in. It's really only a little less for the academy considering the per diem and salary.

I haven't taken a government job before because almost everywhere you can go starts at 30-40k and I have always been making more than that and did not want to take a pay cut. However, with the eonomy in the shape it is in my businesses are struggling. 40k per year would be a godsend right now, even though two years ago I would have laughed at the idea of working full time for 40k.

I applied to get GI benefits or actually transfer them from The University of Oklahoma to the FAA academy and received a letter stating that it was not possible. They said that the FAA was not set up as one of the approved schools for veterans to receive benefits at.....

Nah man, im talking military GI benefits. If you are a veteran and were honorably or medically discharged than the FAA academy is accredited. However, the benefits are based on a OJT rate so it is not the full benefits. I think like 75%.

www.GIbill.VA.gov

Nah man, im talking military GI benefits. If you are a veteran and were honorably or medically discharged than the FAA academy is accredited. However, the benefits are based on a OJT rate so it is not the full benefits. I think like 75%.

www.GIbill.VA.gov

I know what you are talking about as I am a former Marine(that's how I got benefits at OU)..... The VA said no go..... Please let me know if there is a special way to go about this but they flat said no..... The FAA academy isn't an approved institution on their list either.....

Back