Eclipse misses payroll, workforce goes home

aloft

AvWeb is reporting that Eclipse called all its workers into a meeting early this morning to inform them they would not be paid for the previous two weeks. Pretty much their entire workforce then pulled a Cartmann and said "screw you guys, I'm going home".

Stealing two weeks' work from your employees...classy way to go down, Eclipse management! :mad:

Owned.

It's unfortunate for the people who depended on the paycheck.

But the writing has been on the wall for some time now.

AvWeb said:
Albuquerque television station KOB is reporting that Eclipse Aviation failed to meet its payroll for the first two weeks of this month and that at least some employees have "emptied their desks and left." Eclipse public relations manager Alana McCarraher did not immediately respond to two voicemails and an email request for comment from AVweb. The station quotes unnamed Eclipse employees as saying the workers were called to a meeting early this morning and told they would not be receiving paychecks for the previous two weeks. It said employees "expressed anger, frustration and uncertainty before speeding out of the facility's parking lot."

It was widely reported that Eclipse abruptly cancelled its appearance AOPA Expo last week and there has been speculation on the various blogs that monitor the company that the end was near. The company has publicly stated that it needs $200 to $300 million in capital to continue operating and that it was hopeful the money would be in place before the end of the year. There has been no announcement so far on the company's immediate plans.

Meanwhile, Cessna followed through on earlier warnings about layoffs at its manufacturing operations. Spokesman Doug Oliver said in a release on Wednesday that a total of 665 jobs will be lost at its Wichita and Bend, Oregon plants. The Independence, Kan. plant, which makes piston aircraft and the Mustang very light jet, is unaffected. About a third of the workforce in Bend is being laid off with 165 of 460 employees, who make the Cessna 350 and 400 high performance piston singles, getting notice. Five hundred people lost their jobs at the main Wichita plant, which employs about 12,000 people. Most of the layoffs take effect in January.

Well this is absolutely God damned disgusting.

This mean two weeks ago when I was happy about eclipse folding up shop and everyone told me i was just being mean to american workers I can finally be forgiven considering THEY WEREN'T BEING PAID?

They're will be money in the bank at 1pm this afternoon. So people will be able to cash their checks. That just in.

Russian ruble collapsed and thats what they are blaming it on. See: Adam aircraft.

Rathyeon/Onex may be next. 2.4 billion in debt and 500m in interest each day.

Well this is absolutely God damned disgusting.

This mean two weeks ago when I was happy about eclipse folding up shop and everyone told me i was just being mean to american workers I can finally be forgiven considering THEY WEREN'T BEING PAID?
Hundreds of people getting screwed by an unscrupulous employer and all you're concerned with is your own bruised ego?

THAT'S disgusting.

More wonderful news from the aviation world.

:sarcasm:

Quartz Mountain Aviation (was Luscombe back in the day) pulled the same ####. They had 6 guys working there pulling over 6 figures and ran out of money to pay employees. Here's a better one they did: Money was taken out of employee(s) check (by court order) for child support. Money was not sent to court. Court issues arrest warrants for not paying child support. BUT... QMA was NICE enough to pay the bail. It is time for some of these ####### to go to prison.

Hundreds of people getting screwed by an unscrupulous employer and all you're concerned with is your own bruised ego?

THAT'S disgusting.
Fine then.

I'm disgusting and eclipse is grotesque. As long as we can agree i'm not on par with eclipse.

I can count on one hand the number of people I genuinely hate in this world.

Two of those are former employers that just didn't pay me.

Missing payroll isn't something that just happens; they should know well enough ahead of time to simply lay the workers off with what they have earned. Not having work done go unpaid.

They're will be money in the bank at 1pm this afternoon. So people will be able to cash their checks. That just in.

Russian ruble collapsed and thats what they are blaming it on. See: Adam aircraft.

You may want to check your source on that interest. 500m a day equates to over 20% daily interest.

Brian

I can count on one hand the number of people I genuinely hate in this world.

Two of those are former employers that just didn't pay me.

Missing payroll isn't something that just happens; they should know well enough ahead of time to simply lay the workers off with what they have earned. Not having work done go unpaid.

Agreed. If you hire a plumber to fix your drain and then don't pay the bill, he can file charges for theft of services. Same thing here, in my opinion. Criminal.

Apparently Eclipse has found funding for the payroll, and is expecting the employees back to work on Monday.

I am not sure what happens with the fleet of Eclipse goes TU. Nobody would want to buy them on the resale market with no factory support or warrenty.

Miltary could buy them - the ones that are out were delivered for less than $1.5 mill. Military could pay that much for them and still save money on what they spend on drones I would imagine.

Where to start with this <edited> post. I'll start with the first word. Let's try "There" on for size. Thanks.

Moving on. $2,400,000,000 in debt. 500,000,000 each day in interest. That's 20.8333% each day. That's over 7600% interest annualized.

Thirdly, I don't know where you get your bogus data. A .69 second search on google finance reveals that RTN has $11B in debt, and over $8B in cash and ST securities.

<edited>

Where to start with this <edited> post. I'll start with the first word. Let's try "There" on for size. Thanks.

Moving on. $2,400,000,000 in debt. 500,000,000 each day in interest. That's 20.8333% each day. That's over 7600% interest annualized.

Thirdly, I don't know where you get your bogus data. A .69 second search on google finance reveals that RTN has $11B in debt, and over $8B in cash and ST securities.

<edited>

Ah, the grammar check. The most bestest testement 2 an qualifyd" persons:. Hey while complaining about a guys grammar shouldn't yours be better? (see that question mark? It'll be important later in the post)

Yeah I hit too many 0's on the 500m. Literally on the phone with a guy at Raytheon at the time. I truthfully did think about the post later, but I couldn't edit it and certainly can't remember exactly what the guy said, so I was super lazy. Guilty. In the future I'll do my best to not post up on the fly, there was a 2.4 billion and 5 and something million in the conversation.

The information about eclipse came from a txt from one of the guys I still know at eclipse. Followed up by a few others that are still working there or a couple that heard the news, pulled the stuff out of their desks, and headed home. To which I told them, "Head over to Verns house, get one of his cars, and sell it for what you are owed". They'll all be year 2000 cars (joke to follow later).

I absolutely believe everything I read on google. The same applies to AOPA or any flying magazine when they talk about the companies future. It turns out Eclipse has always been doing well in 2000 dollars. I may be dating you with that comment. Vern used to tell everyone, including the magazines, that everything was exactly as planned and on schedule and on budget using adjusting for inflation from the year 2000. He also tells that to people with a straight face. I was curious why but then I finally realized why when I started spending serious time at eclipse. Vern actually got stuck in the year 2000.

Nice spanking picture.

Work on sentence fragments if you are that concerned about grammar. When you ask a question, like the first sentence of your post, try using a question mark. A question mark looks like "?". It's above the "/" key next to right hand shift key.

If we are going to continue on the grammar crusade, can the moderator please spinoff the thread to some sort of tech writing portion of the forum?

I'm sorry, I don't have a 733t pic to follow up with. But I like this one!

Oops. Failed to embed.

Back