Eclipse 500

mshunter

So what is this market like right now with whats going on with the company? I saw an ad for a pilot...

Job wise? I'm guessing slim to none... I think DayJet laid off all their pilots except like 2 or 3 almost a year ago.

I would think that job would be hanging on a thread... I'm sure jnxyjoe will be along soon

But from the way I understand the situation, your Eclipse job would go bye bye as soon as a fire bottle starts leaking, or something little like that. Well, not little in the firebottle case because it is highly caustic and grounds the plane, but you get my drift.

Additionally, they are probably banking on one of the already-typed Eclipse pilots applying.

I would think that job would be hanging on a thread... I'm sure jnxyjoe will be along soon
Been here yesterday, sent the pm, grabbed a T-shirt.

I'm sorry, other than the congressional investigations going on, is there anything I was wrong about on the eclipse Jwp_145?

-Full FAA review of the eclipse cert
-whistleblowers from the engineers and the test pilots
-continued problems with the IFR cert
-continued problems with the external tanks
-bankruptsy

Anyhow. Hate to keep saying I told ya so... what the heck... told ya so.

Been here yesterday, sent the pm, grabbed a T-shirt.

I'm sorry, other than the congressional investigations going on, is there anything I was wrong about on the eclipse Jwp_145?

-Full FAA review of the eclipse cert
-whistleblowers from the engineers and the test pilots
-continued problems with the IFR cert
-continued problems with the external tanks
-bankruptsy

Anyhow. Hate to keep saying I told ya so... what the heck... told ya so.

Oh no sir there was nothing wrong that you had previously said... I mentioned you because I consider you the board's authority on the airplane, and I'm not being sarchastic.

Oh no sir there was nothing wrong that you had previously said... I mentioned you because I consider you the board's authority on the airplane, and I'm not being sarchastic.

As far as being an authority, some of the guys that flew it or on the engineering/design team from the beginning when it was first certified know more than me. I just made friends with a lot of the people from the ABQ plant when I was there for weeks on. I consider it a public service :).

Anyhow, I know some people were concerned those people wouldn't be able to work after eclipse shut the doors (now supposedly to reopen), everyone i knew has found other work and many cases better work.

Back