ECG

flight1983

DOC

While gettting my frist class medical i had my Ecg done. The ecg became abnormal. It showed Left ventricular hypertrophy with repolarization abnormality, voltage criteria plus st/t abnormality. The ecg was forwarded to the faa. May you please adivise me what will i hear from the faa, and will this prvent me from getting my first class medical.

The left ventricular hypertrophy by voltage criteria is not DQ. The other findings are probably an over-reading of hte ECG. The FAA will review it electronically. If it trips their alert system, they will ask for a cardiology consultation. I have only had one of these in the last 5 years and I do a lot of First Class medicals.

SO after having this ECG I decided to visit a cardiologist. The cardiologist performed another ECG and also did the eco stress test. In his findings he said that the reason for the abnormal ECG is because I have mild left ventricular hypertrophy. The cardiologist said the stress test came out fine and I do not need any medication or treatment. I also do not have high blood pressure. Would you say that this is a disqualifying condition or will I have problems with getting a medical?

SO after having this ECG I decided to visit a cardiologist. The cardiologist performed another ECG and also did the eco stress test. In his findings he said that the reason for the abnormal ECG is because I have mild left ventricular hypertrophy. The cardiologist said the stress test came out fine and I do not need any medication or treatment. I also do not have high blood pressure. Would you say that this is a disqualifying condition or will I have problems with getting a medical?

You should have no problem getting a medical. Take the results of the cardiologist's report, echo and stress test to the AME so he has all the info needed in case the FAA may want to look at it. I usually just make extensive comments in Box 60 and that solves the problem.

Quick question (sorry to necropost). If you have a finding like this by your regular non-FAA doctor / cardiologist are you grounded until your next FAA physical?

I/e does this need to be reported immediately, or can it wait until your next medical?

Thanks

Ok thanks, so assuming the stress / echo comes back with no findings then you are not grounded and you simply report LVH by voltage criteria only a the next medical? Is that correct? What reports do you suppose the AME would want to see?

Thanks for all you do here!

Back