Early reporting without much detail

The FAA ASIAS is reporting one crew fatality and two on the ground, presumably occupants in the home.

I found the LiveATC comms, at least in pieces. He comes on and it sounds like he says he's going to Albert Whitted and he "can't see the other airport." If the FlightAware track posted above is accurate, I assume he means he couldn't find CLW. Being very familiar with that area, CLW is actually pretty hard to spot, as it's in the middle of dense residential and commercial areas. It looked as if he made a left turn towads PIE rather than Whitted (SPG). He calls that he's "losing the engine" followed by another pilot observing that they "went down hard".

I found the LiveATC comms, at least in pieces. He comes on and it sounds like he says he's going to Albert Whitted and he "can't see the other airport." If the FlightAware track posted above is accurate, I assume he means he couldn't find CLW. Being very familiar with that area, CLW is actually pretty hard to spot, as it's in the middle of dense residential and commercial areas. It looked as if he made a left turn towads PIE rather than Whitted (SPG). He calls that he's "losing the engine" followed by another pilot observing that they "went down hard".

I was flying into SPG about that time. Weather was about as close to perfect as you can get. Light winds out of the north and good visibility.

Back