Eagle getting 10 ERJs from TSA

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
American is also making significant changes at the AmericanConnection carriers by reducing STL daily departures by approximately 35 compared to last year. After flying reliably and safely for American in St. Louis for seven years, American has requested that Trans States Airlines return to Eagle the ten EMB-145s (50 seaters) which it currently leases from Eagle. These aircraft will return to Eagle beginning early next year and will be put in service at Eagle.

How do you look at this. As a win for AE or a big loss for TSA? I mean in the end the planes were AE. However it sucks for those TSA guys as unless they did not meet the contract specifications they really should not be punished. Just weird how things turn. I noticed STL is the big one. Is CHQ going to get hit at all with this? Or just TSA for the time being.

How do you look at this. As a win for AE or a big loss for TSA? I mean in the end the planes were AE. However it sucks for those TSA guys as unless they did not meet the contract specifications they really should not be punished. Just weird how things turn. I noticed STL is the big one. Is CHQ going to get hit at all with this? Or just TSA for the time being.

The way I understand it those planes where given to TSA because AE could not staff them and the flying needed to be done. With the parking of 29 jets and all the saab we now can staff the planes.

The way I understand it those planes where given to TSA because AE could not staff them and the flying needed to be done. With the parking of 29 jets and all the saab we now can staff the planes.
Probably accurate.

Yep, exactly. I guess we're shrinking the airline to the proper staffing levels.

8531.jpg

Somehow, I'm sure it's GoJet's fault. I mean, it's gotta be, right? All those guys are scabs! :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Or perhaps oil, AE owning the planes etc.... many reasons we can all come up with to blame it on I'm sure! Why the hell just not blame it on Skywest/Express jet?

Wish they would have told us during their "take over the 50 seat market" speech that they are "borowing about 1/5 of the fleet, and that it could be taken away anytime". I certainly would have reconsidered going there. Oh well interviewing at a better place and if I get the job I'm not going to waterski anymore.

Judging by the lounge...morale here just took a bigger leap into the toilet. This will give management no incentive to try to get a new contract for us now, but as has been said before, we've got 6 months for our all-star management to find new flying.:crazy:

Aloft....more people are losing their jobs and all you can do is joke around? Not funny even if you're being sarcastic.

I feel for the TSA fellas/gals. We are all in this boat together. No matter who has flying lost/aircraft pulled. Even if it benefits AE pilots to have the 10 aircraft returned, it really doesn't in the long run. In the end we've all suffered because that's fellow aviator's that will lose their jobs and a shrinking of overall available jobs in the industry. No one wins in the end, even though it appears AE pilots will benenfit with the return of the ERJ's in the short run. It'll just give AE management more reason to cut other flying somewhere else... Good luck to all my brother and sister's at ALL carriers.

Sucks for TSA, but I gotta say, a group of Regional pilots getting pissed at another group of Regional pilots is two blind people trying to play table tennis. Managment owns us...and codeshare partners own them. So is life....

drink beer and go have sex!!!!!!! :D

Back