Eagle furlough likely

Outsider question...

I recall that there were announcements a while back that AMR intended to sell off Eagle. Often when you start shedding assets/people you want your bottom line to look a little more cashflow-positive. Could they possibly have a buyer quietly waiting in the wings who said, "you need to be a little prettier before we make a serious offer" or something like that?
As far as I know, the intention to sell Eagle is dead. It seemed to be (as we mentioned earlier) smoke and mirrors... a negotiating tool.

Allegedly, of the rumored offers that were made to buy Eagle, NONE wanted to be a feeder for American....and that was a stipulation of the sale.

kellwolf said:
Oh yeah, but any time an airline is on the market, the rumors fly over here about how we're either gonna get screwed on a seniority list integration or everyone is gonna be a CA when the other airline gets stapled.

Gonzo said:
Just for S&G what is the DOH of #1, #50, and #100 on your list at PCL?
Here it is #1 10/73, #50 02/86, #100 10/86.

1. I don't see Pinnacle wanting any piece of the American pie, either; and

2. Methinks, according to Gonzo's post, Pinnacle guys would, indeed, be screwed. Ready to be a FO again, Steve..... for a long, LONG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time???? ;) :D

1. I don't see Pinnacle wanting any piece of the American pie, either; and

2. Methinks, according to Gonzo's post, Pinnacle guys would, indeed, be screwed. Ready to be a FO again, Steve..... for a long, LONG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time???? ;) :D

1. Hell, no. Just the rumor mongers love starting stuff like that.
2. Depends on the integration and "career expectations." :) We could even toss Colgan into the mix to make things more interesting.

Man, that really blows. I wish the union could file a greivance due to having pilots with Long Term Leave request being denied while they furlough the unwilling. I know they have no legal ground because the LT Leave of Absence Letter of Agreement does not force the company to offer the leave, only to award any leave they do offer in seniority order.

looks like 97 people took the early retirement or LOA's.. only 11 have returned so far and 20 are currently using part-time or zero-time lines..

I would think that they may start approving some of those LOA's again soon with the announcement but who knows.. seems like you would want to get rid off the more senior higher paid guys first with a LOA if possible.. but then again that makes sense so why would they do that.:buck: The LOA is a mandatory 90 days minimum so I don't see what the problem is.

looks like 97 people took the early retirement or LOA's.. only 11 have returned so far and 20 are currently using part-time or zero-time lines..

I would think that they may start approving some of those LOA's again soon with the announcement but who knows.. seems like you would want to get rid off the more senior higher paid guys first with a LOA if possible.. but then again that makes sense so why would they do that.:buck: The LOA is a mandatory 90 days minimum so I don't see what the problem is.

>shrugs< I still think there's a certain degree of pageantry going on here.

Keep in mind current furloughs are scheduled for May and June. Perhaps things will change between now and then.

>shrugs< I still think there's a certain degree of pageantry going on here.

Keep in mind current furloughs are scheduled for May and June. Perhaps things will change between now and then.
You know? That was/is my initial gut feeling too: "Things could change between now and then...."

Hope so. Hate to see folks on the street.

Man, that really blows. I wish the union could file a greivance due to having pilots with Long Term Leave request being denied while they furlough the unwilling. I know they have no legal ground because the LT Leave of Absence Letter of Agreement does not force the company to offer the leave, only to award any leave they do offer in seniority order.
The thing with the LOA's, however, is that if the folks want to come back, they can come back. With a furlough, they comeback when/if the company needs them.

Back