E-Logbook Conversion Help

caliginousface

Frank N. Beans
Trying to get out of the Apple game as my mid 2010 MBP limps along to it's dying days. I was running LogTen Pro 5.7.4 as the latest version, I have emailed Coradine support and after some back and forth the tech guy emailed me an Excel spreadsheet that I have been unable to transfer over to another program without issues. I'm assuming it's because I don't know how to get the titles for each field to transfer correctly, but if anyone has any experience or advice I'm all ears.

I'd like to avoid being forced to purchase an Apple device, and then having to pay subscription fees to have a working logbook, but I might be out of luck.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Safelog advertises that if you are a new customer they will help with the import for free. In my case they did a rubbish job of helping, so there's that. I ended up fixing it myself...overall, though, I've been happy with software.

I've done two conversions. There can be a few reasons for problems. Non-aligned field names are one. Incompatible field types (date as number vs date as text) can be another. A third is differences in the structure ( a table which includes HP or complex is different from one which only contains make/mode and uses a separate reference table for complex/hp information). There's usually a bit of massaging required.

Have you asked the folks behind the logbook you are moving to (which is it?) for assistance? Many will help with the process. They want you, after all.

If you really don't want any of the subscription logbooks microsoft excel is about the single most adaptable logbook tool out there. I use excel and then upload that spreadsheet to my online logbook just because excel is so easy to use.

If you really don't want any of the subscription logbooks microsoft excel is about the single most adaptable logbook tool out there. I use excel and then upload that spreadsheet to my online logbook just because excel is so easy to use.

Excel is great but I'm terrible at making filters for the various queries on applications and what not. I may just have to buy a refurbished iPad or something to stick with logten.

Back