E-logbook at interview?

NC-Sean

I have my first 121 interview coming up and I was wondering about bringing the logbook. I switched to an electronic logbook this last summer and haven't really kept up with a paper one.

Is it ok to just bring a printed out electric one along with copies of your endorsements, or do I need to update and bring the paper one too?

The interview is in SLC if that helps.

Thanks guys.

I printed my electronic logbook on fancy logbook paper and put it in a leather binder. Probably overkill, but I was not embarrassed to hand it over for inspection. (Logbook Solutions)

Some guys had things printed and in a binder, and they got the job as well.

Last edited:
I printed mine on plain printer paper and hole-punched it for a binder. The interviewers in SLC were satisfied with that.

printed mine on green paper (found it at Kinkos, looks like same color as a pilot logbook), had it printed and bound so it opens like a logbook. Interviewers liked it and were impressed.
I put a copy of my endorsements and any records i thought pertinent in the back

Print and bound logbook should be fine. Just have a copy of your endorsement and pertinent signoffs.

I have mine print and bound in a leather binder.

This is the world of E-logbooks now. There should be no reason that an E-logbook isn't accepted. Printing it out so they can have it as a copy isn't a bad idea. If you have an ATP, I am not sure you have to show any endorsements at a 121 interview, unless there is something required that isn't on your pilot certificate (tailwheel or something like that.

Are e-logbooks preferred over paper? I've been logging in both, using the e-logbook more as a backup, but have been considering switching completely.

I just switched to e-logbook a few months ago, well as a backup and it's a breeze to use for IACRA purpose for certifications/licenses. I'll still use my paper logbook for when I fly professionally.

I gave up on a paper logbook almost 2 years ago once I filled up the paper one that was already started. Haven't had any issues with LogTen Pro, and I love the features it provides.

Does Mesa make to snapchat your logbook after the phone interview?

Instant deniability! I'm a-startin an airline!

Yeah, the pay is low, but you'll be building turbine PI...er sorry you'll be getting crew exper...wait wait I meant that you'll have lots of glass tim...jesus, ok, whatever, we have cookies.

joe-isuzu.jpg

Back