Dumbasses almost buy it

Watching the glider video...hard to tell but did they bounce off the ground and the bounce inverted the camera?

No, the positive G the instructor in the back seat pulled to avoid CFIT'ing into the mountain pulled the camera straight down. Then the instructor accidentally got them into a spin close to terrain (which you can't really see but can infer based on "SPINNNN!!! NOSE DOWN!!!") and then the student takes back control and tries to fly them out of it. Pretty comically bad decision making.

*Has perfectly good hole to the right.*
*Goes left into dense IMC obscuring mountains.*

If only they had like 40 chances to descend into clear patches between cloud and legally level off VMC.

youtuber called “clear of the active” like 3 seconds before actually being fully clear of the active. Some dumbass YouTube commenter mentions it and says how illegal that is, gets flamed, reports it, youtuber gets his license suspended. Forget who it was.
Wait...but then Jerry can have his engines fail on the landing roll out at OAK because he done goofed and almost had them cut on short final, then taxis negative radio around a busy class C and uploads it to YouTube and nothing happens. Or, you know, pops out of IMC almost a mile left of 27L at OAK when on the flippin ILS 27R? How about entering IMC on a VFR flightplan and then stalling the plane because he's busy narrating a video...you know...for YouTube? But a YouTuber gets their license suspended for that?! He uploads a video of himself buzzing San Francisco not on with NorCal and no way at minimum safe altitude, nothing happens. I am on with ATC in the same area at an assigned altitude, and some bozo calls in a "low flying aircraft" because it's the middle of the night and it probably sounded louder than normal to them, and the FSDO calls me even very politely admitting the radar data doesn't back up the claim and they don't believe the person but they "have to follow up on these things". You know, the OAK FSDO.

This is not at all directed at you, I'm just disgusted that the FAA would say there is "nothing they can do" about guys like Jerry but then go after a poor kid for something stupid like that or call me about a report even though they already know it's BS.

Last edited:
If only they had like 40 chances to descend into clear patches between cloud and legally level off VMC.

Wait...but then Jerry can have his engines fail on the landing roll out at OAK because he done goofed and almost had them cut on short final, then taxis negative radio around a busy class C and uploads it to YouTube and nothing happens. Or, you know, pops out of IMC almost a mile left of 27L at OAK when on the flippin ILS 27R? How about entering IMC on a VFR flightplan and then stalling the plane because he's busy narrating a video...you know...for YouTube? But a YouTuber gets their license suspended for that?! He uploads a video of himself buzzing San Francisco not on with NorCal and no way at minimum safe altitude, nothing happens. I am on with ATC in the same area at an assigned altitude, and some bozo calls in a "low flying aircraft" because it's the middle of the night and it probably sounded louder than normal to them, and the FSDO calls me even very politely admitting the radar data doesn't back up the claim and they don't believe the person but they "have to follow up on these things". You know, the OAK FSDO.

This is not at all directed at you, I'm just disgusted that the FAA would say there is "nothing they can do" about guys like Jerry but then go after a poor kid for something stupid like that or call me about a report even though they already know it's BS.

You embellish things

Also that guy didn’t get violated, he got “I’m mr inspector and this is really stupid but I have to investigate ok thanks for your time bye.”

You embellish things

Also that guy didn’t get violated, he got “I’m mr inspector and this is really stupid but I have to investigate ok thanks for your time bye.”
If you think that's an embellishment, then I take it you haven't kept up with the Air Wagner thread LOL. That all actually happened in his videos bud.

So the guy did not get his license suspended like was said in this thread.

Video of inadvertent IMC during a training flight in New Zealand
In mid-November a shortened version of a video of a gliding incident in New Zealand started circulating on the internet without the permission of the video owner.

This non-consented circulation means the video is now being viewed and commented on without full context or understanding of the circumstances that lead to the track disorientation and inadvertent IMC and without the opportunity for all the lessons to be appropriately conveyed.

Important points to note are:

• Following the narrow escape after exiting cloud, the glider was out landed safely and both pilots were physically unharmed.
  • The aircraft was thoroughly inspected by a rated engineer using protocols provided by the manufacturer and was found to be undamaged.
  • A pilot debriefing and GNZ investigation of the incident was undertaken.
  • The incident was reported using both GNZ OPS 10 and CAA 005 forms.
  • A summary of the incident was circulated to all CFI’s in NZ along with other incidents from the prior month as per the usual way all incidents are communicated.
  • Following the investigation and recognising the value of the full video as a training resource and wishing to be respectful of the welfare of the pilots involved, GNZ is in the process of seeking permission from the video owner to create a relevant resource that fully conveys all the lessons to be learned, noting that these lessons are more extensive than what can be seen from the shortened version of the video.

Back