Dumbasses almost buy it

Story time? I missed this one.

youtuber called “clear of the active” like 3 seconds before actually being fully clear of the active. Some dumbass YouTube commenter mentions it and says how illegal that is, gets flamed, reports it, youtuber gets his license suspended. Forget who it was.

Aren't gliders confined to VFR only???

I mean.. that instrumentation he had didn’t even include an attitude indicator.

So whilst in the clouds he is guessing his pitch and bank entirely off of an airspeed needle and a non instantaneous VSI....

This was beyond stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching the glider video...hard to tell but did they bounce off the ground and the bounce inverted the camera?

I mean.. that instrumentation he had didn’t even include an attitude indicator.

So whilst in the clouds he is guessing his pitch and bank entirely off of an airspeed needle and a non instantaneous VSI....

This was beyond stupid.

Watching that I was thinking that the little Dynon D3 Pocket EFIS would have been a mighty good addition to that panel. My plane came with one and while it's not my favorite, it'll do in a pinch.

Isn't this basically what happened with Kobe Bryant's helicopter?

This video seems like it should be shown to student pilats with the message, "This is what it looks like, you know your destination is 15 miles ahead, what would you have done differently?"

Isn't this basically what happened with Kobe Bryant's helicopter?

This video seems like it should be shown to student pilats with the message, "This is what it looks like, you know your destination is 15 miles ahead, what would you have done differently?"

Not exactly.

There are a series of YouTube simulations showing how Kobe (and those other poor bastardized) helicopter was navigating through the area via translating flight tracks into simulators.

Even under very good clear blue/22 conditions you see those videos and thing “holy crap that is low/crazy.”

This though... the first two minutes you can see open sky out at the 2-3 o’clock. Even if it’s the god damned ocean, landing/ditching in terrain you can see is infinitely smarter than hoping to work it out in the blind in the mountains while trying to find your way to that place you’re supposed to land. The fact this video isn’t “recovered from site” after the fact is a miracle.

Back