Dumb Question: Why don't ads disclose pay range?

Or...you could just avoid corporate aviation altogether, and go 121. Chances are, you'll probably end up dodging a lot of headaches and nonsense.

Haha haha zero headaches and nonsense? At a regional 121 carrier??

That’s hilarious.

Or...you could just avoid corporate aviation altogether, and go 121. Chances are, you'll probably end up dodging a lot of headaches and nonsense.
Well holy cannoli, what fun would that be. Then we'd all sit around and not have anything to whine about. Why would I ever want to be an airline pilot and not deal with any headaches and nonsense?? I mean, they just have the unions to facilitate the pilots and management to get together and French kiss, that doesn't seem like a good time.

But I'll be in the southern Caribbean next month, except you won't be able to understand my whining about the headaches and nonsense because I'll have a second stage in my mouth and a giant fish tank strapped to my face.

And my wife will be home dealing with a clogged toilet and my mother-in-law, but she'll be happy. Because I'll be happy when I get home and not whining about a contract or a two leg commute. And the check clears.
(Until the boss sells the plane and buys a share from NetJets. So there's that. YMMV. Lesson? Enjoy the ride and get as much as you can while doing it. And remember, you could be typing up some TPS reports under fluorescent lights that require vitamin D to operate.)
Cheers.

One of the reasons companies don't advertise their pay is because they do NOT have a pay structure. They don't start all of their pilots/employees at the same rate. When they can pay you "based on your experience", you may or may not be receiving the same pay/benefits as a similarly qualified pilot already working for the company. You might not get the same package as a pilot they hire the same day even when you both may have a similar experience level.

These companies are notorious for having a policy in place that "prohibits any discussion with regards to pay/benefits among the employees". I have seen policies that direct immediate termination for violating this rule. All so that they can save some money by not paying very employee what they will pay another.

A union shop position will advertise the pay/benefits because they don't have choice but to pay what the structure allows. As was mentioned above, have a number in mind that you'll except and one that will make you walk.

These companies are notorious for having a policy in place that "prohibits any discussion with regards to pay/benefits among the employees". I have seen policies that direct immediate termination for violating this rule. All so that they can save some money by not paying very employee what they will pay another.

FYI, this is blatantly illegal.

Just curious ATN, in all states? I’ve had a recent job in PA that had this policy and one years ago in NJ.

FYI, this is blatantly illegal.
Not really. Haven't you ever seen a job announcement that shows something along these lines under pay and benefits, "neg/neg"?

Or where the job announcement shows "pay based on experience"? Both of these are subjective and both are legal. What is NOT legal is to advertise a specific pay and then NOT pay the person what was advertised. Hence the reason a LOT of companies don't advertise the pay.....

All perfectly legal......not fair maybe, but legal.

Not really. Haven't you ever seen a job announcement that shows something along these lines under pay and benefits, "neg/neg"?

Or where the job announcement shows "pay based on experience"? Both of these are subjective and both are legal. What is NOT legal is to advertise a specific pay and then NOT pay the person what was advertised. Hence the reason a LOT of companies don't advertise the pay.....

All perfectly legal......not fair maybe, but legal.

He was referencing that it’s illegal to prevent employees from discussing pay with each other. Which is a federally protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was referencing that it’s illegal to prevent employees from discussing pay with each other. Which is a federally protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH.....misunderstood...

So.........they find out you were discussing your pay with others and fire you for some minor issue. Bottom line is it happens pretty much as I described above.

(I worked for a company about 61/2 years ago that STILL has this policy in place.....AND they don't pay starting employees with similar experience the same wages. I resigned and am better off for it......Oh well...)

Back