Drug Screen only lasts 6 mos.

fredo

I know none of you have to worry about this, but my PEPC was in June and in order to get my FOL that I got today, I had to provide another drug screening because my first one expired after 6 mos. Just a heads up. I figured I'd share.

I was called last week to go take mine again too. I am hoping this means they have a date to give me soon and they just needed the new drug test first.

Got yall beat, I had to retake the test this past month. But I could not go enough during the test. Well, once you start you have to finish, you can not leave is what they told me. I had to go fly in 35 min, I was lucky to get out of there and make my flight. They would not let me go, held my license till the faa lady said it was ok that I could reschedule. After review of why I did not give enough, I ran a marathon the day before and I only filled the cup up 1/3 not the 1/2 they needed. Thats a big cup!!

So, in short, drink lots of water, and be really to stay if you do not go enough.

Once you called the 866-...... number how long was it before they got you scheduled to take the test? Did you get to tell them what day, or do they force you to go on a specific day? I'm trying to figure out because i'm all over the place for the holidays.

Once you called the 866-...... number how long was it before they got you scheduled to take the test? Did you get to tell them what day, or do they force you to go on a specific day? I'm trying to figure out because i'm all over the place for the holidays.

It was open, I told her what days I had open and she came back with some times.

Well, I am a little uneasy today, bc I have to put in my two week notice in the next few days. I still dont have a FOL, but I have been told by different people I am in my class. They can not give me my FOL till they get the results of my drug test. I have a feeling I just might get my FOL and packet when I show up on the first day:panic:.

Side note: My last drug test is still good, why not use that till you get the new results????

Funny thing we are going to the same facility, You have a class date coming up with no FOL-I have an FOL with a class date 5 months away...I love the FAA

It shouldn't take much longer I believe it only took 3 business days. I did the whiz quiz on Friday, dec 12th and had my FOL by email on the 17th. Good Luck.

I am scheduled to start terminal basis 2-9 and I got an email today regarding my drug test. It expires on 1-23 (2 days from now) & I have to have the results to them before I will be authorized to attend the academy. I emailed my HR rep almost a month ago asking if I would have to retake it. I never got a reply. Hopefully this is the last hoop to jump through:banghead:.

I had to retake my drug test. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the results to get to my HR rep. Anyone else having this hold them up?

Follow it from the source -

Find out who the testers sent it to -
The lab info is on the sheet they gave you.

Ask them when they sent it to the regional medical division -

Then call the regional medical division and find out if they have it, and when they will send the results to your HR rep -

Then call your HR rep, tell them when the RMD sent it over, and confirm they have it.

If you babysit it the whole way through, that should help.

good luck

I had to retake my drug test. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the results to get to my HR rep. Anyone else having this hold them up?

Word. I had the same problem. Sucked for me because I wanted my FOL before I left for my wedding and honeymoon. At least my FOL was ready when I got back. But for me it was exactly 2 weeks on the dot. Wonderful process. I've already had to take more drug tests for this job, before I was actually hired, than I had taken in my life up to this point. But once you get your FOL feel free to dance a little jig...I sure did!:nana2:

At my PEPC, they screwed up & no one asked me to provide any form of ID the entire day, including when I took the drug test. For all they know, I could have sent someone else to take the drug test for me, pass my medical, & I still would have gotten the job.

Follow it from the source -

Find out who the testers sent it to -
The lab info is on the sheet they gave you.

Ask them when they sent it to the regional medical division -

Then call the regional medical division and find out if they have it, and when they will send the results to your HR rep -

Then call your HR rep, tell them when the RMD sent it over, and confirm they have it.

If you babysit it the whole way through, that should help.

good luck

Do you happen to know the number to the regional medical division?

I checked with my HR rep today & she said I was good to go. I am assuming she made some calls to get the results. I'm not really sure how it worked so fast. I just took the test Friday. Anyways, be persistent. Hope it works out for all of you.

I checked with my HR rep today & she said I was good to go. I am assuming she made some calls to get the results. I'm not really sure how it worked so fast. I just took the test Friday. Anyways, be persistent. Hope it works out for all of you.

They do the test on the spot and send the results back to the FAA. Unless the lab is backed up they probably have it done in 24 hours or less.

Yep, I just got an e-mail this morning saying I have to do the same thing. Kinda pisses me off though since I have to drive 90 minutes to the testing center and 90 back! That's a lot of time out of the day AND gas $! Oh well, nobody ever said the hiring process was easy.

Back