dress code

flyallday

is this for real?

Dress Code: Personal appearance has an important effect on the professional image of the students and the flight school. Students should wear aviator shirts or polo shirts, slacks or dress shorts, no blue jeans, nor tee-shirts or sandals.

I really don't think a polo shirt and shorts is too much to ask. Think about it this way, you can go directly from your lesson to the golf course without changing.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think a polo shirt and shorts is too much to ask. Think about it this way, you can go directly from your lesson to the golf course without changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have morning formation on the flightline too?

[ QUOTE ]
when I visited the school, yes. Kinda silly if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that silly????

The pilots of the school are what the public sees ........Don't you think they should look professional?

Atleast they aren't making you wear a uniform that cost a lot of money.

Wearing a uniform may seem appealing to some. As a student at Aviator, I was thrilled that I did not have to wear one.

Pilots are a dime a dozen here in Florida. If you think a uniform will impress the ladies, think again. When they see a uniform, they know you are a student, not a real pilot, and all the baggage that goes with it.

Embrace the idea of not having to wear one, until you instruct anyway.

Unfortunately, dress codes must be established for some.
crazy.gif

exactly luftpost. I have nothing against looking professional. I wear a polo shirt and khaki shorts. that's professional enough in florida. it's the silly uniforms that gets me. why? you're in a 172, a seminole, a duchess! what the hell are you doing wearing a uniform? it's pathetic if you ask me.

Daily, I fly everything from a 400lb Flightstar Ultralight Trainer up to a Seneca V or C-500. I could probably fly them better naked, but, I would have to answer some interesting questions to satisfy airport security.

[ QUOTE ]
Daily, I fly everything from a 400lb Flightstar Ultralight Trainer up to a Seneca V or C-500. I could probably fly them better naked, but, I would have to answer some interesting questions to satisfy airport security.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you used to fly for Southwest?
grin.gif

Back