"Dreaded First Class Physical" ????

Falcon

\"Dreaded First Class Physical\" ????

What typically happens in a first class physical...cause my experience wasn't dreadful at all....im interested to find out what is suppost to happen....mine went like this:

1) Sit
2) Sleep
3) Sit some more
4) Blood Pressure
5) So where are you training at?
6) Walked away with my physical

is this the norm

-Falcon

Re: \"Dreaded First Class Physical\" ????

nope my post above was the extent of it

i was kinda dissappointed...for 90 bux

hope my checkride on sat goes that easy
cool.gif

-Falcon

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you hoping you'd have to cough??
grin.gif

I did....

I didn't have a hearing or vision test. I think only blood pressure, heartbeat thing, and height and weight, which had changed since the previous year but they put the old ones on my card anyway.

Nick

Just had my 1st class medical last week...was not that easy.

1. weight & height
2. Blood presure
3. Hearing test (consisted of repeating colors from the nurse from across the room at just above a whisper.
4. Piss test ...testing for high sugar levels
5. EKG- this is my first exam after age 35 and is required.
6. Vision- Near, Far and color - lots of vision tests!
7. Dr. checks for Hernea (spelling is wrong) lets just say you have to pull down your draws and cough.
8. Pay $120
9. Do it again in six months.
crazy.gif

Judging by your avatar and assuming that's you, you look pretty young. I bet the 1st class medical gets a bit more involved once you start getting old.

We got this guy, well lets put it this way. I know pilots whom fly half way around the world to come to him. No Pass no Pay. It is kind of scary.

[ QUOTE ]
nope my post above was the extent of it

hope my checkride on sat goes that easy
cool.gif

-Falcon

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a good physical. Give me the name of that doctor so I can go to him!!!
wink.gif

There used to be a doctor named Ian in Orlando. they called him "Keep 'em Flyin' Ian." Funny nickname because he actually denied more medicals than any ME in Orlando.

Often his medicals were perfunctory. What people didn't realize was that many MEs have the gift (or talent) of assessing someone's health immediately by looking at certain signs. Ian had this gift. Often my medical was about as much as holding a mirror to my nose.

But if I was sick, he spotted it immediately. The guy was a great doctor and I was really sad when he retired.

If you have already obtained a 3rd class maybe it is not necessary to redo the vision test for the 1st class....can somebody elaborate?

Hell, my THIRD CLASS was more thorough than ANY of the exams mentioned here so far.

I'm going for my First Class in a few months (will let it "slide" into a 2nd Class) - that ought to be 1.5 hours of sheer joy.
smirk.gif

We could call him up for ya and ask him to break out the rubber gloves and KY Jelly if ya like.
shocked.gif

Ya wouldn't even have to ask.
crazy.gif

I truly believe the dude was rooting around in my small intestine. VERY uncomfortable drive home.
blush.gif

You pay for the piece of paper. I spent $75 on mine, and after a vision test and blood pressure test, I have a First Class medical. Don't complain!
smile.gif

I feel that I am in good health, but exactly like Riddle Pilot said, when I go in for my medicals I am paying for that piece of paper and I want the process to get it to be as easy and painless as possible. Even being in good health I drive about a half an hour to the other side of the St. Louis Area to go to a Dr. that is seen as a good examiner by pilots(read easier medical) even though I could probably go to someone that is closer to home. I would pass the medical at either but all I care about is getting that piece of paper as easily as possible.

Back