Doug's Seniority

Stormflyer

Doug\'s Seniority

From my understanding, Doug could bid LAX 767, but he'd be on reserve, right? I think that he should wait until then to change aircraft instead of doing the 737-800 in Salt Lake City because he'd have to do training too many times.

Would Doug have great seniority on the 738, or is it a more senior aircraft because it has better avionics?

Also, could he bid captain on a relatively junior aircraft? The guy below him in seniority who bid MD-88/90 captain in NYC was a priority displacement bid, but with a normal advanced entitlement bid, could he bid MCO 737 or something? (Not that he'd want to.)

Re: Doug\'s Seniority

I think Doug should come fly in Central America or Southeast Asia with me. No seniority number needed.

Man, is this reality TV or what?
smile.gif

Actually, the turns out that the pilot who had less seniority than I that was awarded the NYC MD-88 Captain position got it thru a 'fluke' according to the powers that be.

My seniority would be "passable" on the 737-800 in SLC and not all that great on the 767 in LAX. There's a new bid next week, but I'm too lazy to enterain the notion of retraining right now.

I do not have the seniority to be awarded a captain position. I can legally bid anything I'd like, but seniority determines whether or not you're awarded it.

And the MCO 737 base was dissolved in 2003.

Okay, thanks for telling me that info.
[ QUOTE ]
My seniority would be "passable" on the 737-800 in SLC and not all that great on the 767 in LAX. There's a new bid next week, but I'm too lazy to enterain the notion of retraining right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
You say it's "passable", but is it better than what you have now? Your ability to bid good schedules was dwindling in DFW, but now in ATL you are in the top half of all MD-88/90 FO's. Also, when more pilots are recalled, do you think that you could bid LAX 767 then, or would it still be awhile?

"Passable" meaning that I'd have acceptable seniority on the 737-800 but not quite as good as I have on the MD-88 in ATL.

I really don't have any idea when I'd get around to putting in a bid for a different aircraft. I could bid a different aircraft now because there's a new bid closing on Friday, but changing aircraft really doesn't interest me at this time.

[ QUOTE ]
, but I'm too lazy to enterain the notion of retraining right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my biggest problem with having to retrain in May. I'm inherently lazy too. I'm happy as a clam in the 10, everything is pretty much second nature with the aircraft, only the missions change. Now I actually have to start regularly studying again; new checklists, boldface/EPs, new POH, the works. Back to being a stud again.

Mike D. you're in frickin' Iraq!!!!!!!!! You're already a stud. Now it's just a matter of you being a stud in the stealth.

Smoke

[ QUOTE ]
Mike D. you're in frickin' Iraq!!!!!!!!! You're already a stud. Now it's just a matter of you being a stud in the stealth.

Smoke

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. By "stud" I mean short for "student".

[ QUOTE ]

Smoke

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so gay I'm so offended....
grin.gif

Corrie

Back