Dornier 328 FO

RPJ

Anyone know of any operators that currently fly the Do328 in the USA? I would love to continue flying the same airframe.

There are some corps who fly the 328. Pacific Gas & Electric (HQ'd in San Francisco) is one. It's who you know, ie, the ol foot in the door.

But if you're thinking fleets, I have no idea.

There is a company in Fort Scott, Kansas that has a couple of them. Check Flightaware for the tail numbers and then look up the registration.

Michael

Anyone know of any operators that currently fly the Do328 in the USA? I would love to continue flying the same airframe.

Some company in Birmingham Alabama. Don't know the name but I have a friend who flies for them. I will try to get some 411.

I think RJ Reynolds (Now Altria?) ran one out in NC....but that's been a while since I've followed....

Cummins was looking for FO's in their 328J. It was posted on career builder a while back. Also might try Berry Air. They have some D328props.

Just out of curiosity, why the obsession with staying on the Dork? An airplane is an airplane.

Cummins was looking for FO's in their 328J. It was posted on career builder a while back. Also might try Berry Air. They have some D328props.

Rule out Berry Aviation. They just furloughed 8 pilots in the Dornier program today...2 new CA and 6 FOs.

Before that the 328 PROP was the bomb. I remember flying Jetstreams and Saabs back and forth to Johnstown all day....the Dornier pilots were flying nonstop to such far-off romantic destinations as Knoxville and Birmingham. It was fast and sexy.

Much later I had the opportunity(?) to fly that airplane. I was unimpressed. It was fast for a turboprop -- no question there. The Primus 2000 were nice avionics. But neither of those things outweighed the poor flying qualities of the Dork. It was beyond over-engineered. Props had to be out of feather for the lav toilet to flush (yes really). Nosewheel steering engaged when you brought the condition levers back to ground mode, and it was not always straight when that happened. The airline an airplane go off the side in Columbia, SC as a result. You had to have Hulk Hogan's pinky-fingers to use the reverse triggers. Brake temperatures ALWAYS ran hot. The instrument panel was made of blue plastic that was held on by velcro. It looked like a 1984 toyota, and when you were going down a bumpy runway it was not uncommon for those panels to fall off.

Sure it was fast and had nice avionics, but if you take away those two benefits I can say honestly that the Dornier 328 (prop) was the biggest piece of junk i've ever flown. (and I flew the Jetstream 31.... so that's saying a lot!)

LoL yea it did have those faults. I never heard of the lav only flushing when out of feather. It was weird on some of the D328's with later serial numbers the lav was directly connected to the hot bus lol. It was hard as hell to throw the power levers into reverse ahah. I dont have much to compare it to as it was my first "airliner".

I am not dead set on the D328 but it would be cool to just slip into another operator that uses it. I am open to any aircraft.

Thanks for all the replies though, I have sent out resumes to all that was suggested.

Ultimate Jet Charters is planning on more classes this year. 47K for FOs, home based. Seems like a decent place.

Ultimate Jet Charters is planning on more classes this year. 47K for FOs, home based. Seems like a decent place.
I know the FARs say an FO just needs commercial, instrument, and appropriate ratings. But when can you send a resume to a 135 IFR outfit without getting laughed at?

Back