D'Oh!

Eagle

D\'Oh!

cj_27045.jpg

Re: D\'Oh!

The story that goes with it, is that maintenance was working on the aircraft all night in Memphis. After they were finished the crew moved the aircraft out of the hangar minus a brake rider and when they were through, they didn't set the aircraft's parking brake or the brakes on the tug, which they left still attached to the aircraft. they then left them both unattended. On their return that is the scene they came upon. I'm sure they wished they had followed the proper procedures on moving an aircraft.

"Yeah, aaaah, ladies and gentleman... from the ahhh cockpit... looks like there's a little bit of light chop ahead of us and ahhhh, we're going to go ahead and turn on the update resume light now. If you're up and about the hangar....ahh...go ahead and start ahhh....cleaning out your locker."

[ QUOTE ]
There's more here.

Nortwest Airlink

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm never going to airdisaster.com again. They use the WORST kind of pop-ups: the ones that cover up part of the page and can't be closed. Or does anyone know how to close them? My pop-up blocker didn't get it.

Thank you, Doug, for keeping JC pop-up free!

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah, aaaah, ladies and gentleman... from the ahhh cockpit... looks like there's a little bit of light chop ahead of us and ahhhh, we're going to go ahead and turn on the update resume light now. If you're up and about the hangar....ahh...go ahead and start ahhh....cleaning out your locker."

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, on a serious note....how do you know when there is turbs ahead..is it from pireps, or do you just estimate from weather patterns visible in the clouds? just curious.

I can get around the pop-ups by refreshing the page or hitting the "back" then "forward" button.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm never going to airdisaster.com again. They use the WORST kind of pop-ups: the ones that cover up part of the page and can't be closed. Or does anyone know how to close them? My pop-up blocker didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

double-click on the header to center the window so you can get to the close button; or ALT+F4 to close the window.

Back