Does my Freight Dog (puppy) status get revoked...

Flight express pilots flying a 210 with no radar through FL are the wolf/dog hybrid freight dogs

The guys flying old Falcons, Lears, ect on demand are the pit bulls.

Any body else flying pistons is a rottwiler.

Feeder flying on turbine equipment (208, 1900, BE99)makes you a German Shephard. If it has a glass panel, you get demoted to Labrador retriever.

UPS and FedEx pilots are collies. Used to be real working dogs, but nowadays they sit around and look pretty ;)

Thank you, you just made the last four years feel impressive. *proceeds to howl* Also, we don't just fly around storms in FL, think KS, NE, IA, MO, AR, OK, TX, IL, etc...

What about on demand freight in a BE99 but with glass? Its not feeder flying, but its not quite "old school" enough... ;)

Aspen PFD, Garmin 430, an autopilot, and a Garmin 696 EFB that let's us go paperless, it makes on demand easy as hell. Oh, and all those systems are integrated, so all I have to do is punch stuff into the 430, and it crossfills it to everything else.

Of course after I get accustomed to "on demanding" it up, I end up on a route with steam gauges for a few days - have to remember how to fly.

You may as well have spiky hair, a back pack, ear buds, and a flight attendant serving you coffee. :)

You may as well have spiky hair, a back pack, ear buds, and a flight attendant serving you coffee. :)

Oh, man, I'm a big mangina now, seems that my "death defying" days are by and large over. My biggest concern on a regular basis any more is whether the hotel has cable and that my paperwork is filled out properly.

(Strokes ego)- Why didn't the Sled make the list?

Because bushrats aren't freight dogs. That, and we (myself only in the past tense) have essentially no pecking order, nature is pretty egalitarian in how it dishes out punishment up north.

Oh, man, I'm a big mangina now, seems that my "death defying" days are by and large over. My biggest concern on a regular basis any more is whether the hotel has cable and that my paperwork is filled out properly.

I wish I could say that I was much different, but my biggest gripe is that the shuttle never can find the freight ramp in a timely manner. It drives me absolutely crazy!

I wish I could say that I was much different, but my biggest gripe is that the shuttle never can find the freight ramp in a timely manner. It drives me absolutely crazy!

Lol, well, we got that figured out, we've got crew cars all over the place, on the on-demand runs though, its a little more hit and miss if the hotel van can find the FBO - Jesus, the FBO? Who am I? I'd never even really been to an FBO until I came down south...man card...REVOKED!

Considering putting a fold-able bicycle in a cargo pod... damn hotel van never shows up on time. But bicycling in darkness is less boring than flying in ice...

Flight express pilots flying a 210 with no radar through FL are the wolf/dog hybrid freight dogs

The guys flying old Falcons, Lears, ect on demand are the pit bulls.

Any body else flying pistons is a rottwiler.

Feeder flying on turbine equipment (208, 1900, BE99)makes you a German Shephard. If it has a glass panel, you get demoted to Labrador retriever.

UPS and FedEx pilots are collies. Used to be real working dogs, but nowadays they sit around and look pretty ;)
I guess I'm a poodle flying around in this :(. At least I still hit up the PC-12 every once in awhile. IMG_0778.jpg

You fly freight in a Phenom? The human kind doesn't count. You're not even a dawg except emeritus status if you're flying rich people. Or if you're flying a Beechjet like Boris moderately well off people.

You fly freight in a Phenom?

I think he must work for Labquest (or is it the other one?) They finally bought some Phenoms after trying every other type of aircraft ever made (and peeling a few nosewheel tires off of MU-2s ;) ). All I can say is they must be MINTING money over there.

I think he must work for Labquest (or is it the other one?) They finally bought some Phenoms after trying every other type of aircraft ever made (and peeling a few nosewheel tires off of MU-2s ;) ). All I can say is they must be MINTING money over there.

Hauling freight in a jet less than 5 years old makes you an English Bulldog.

They were once vicious fighting dogs, but now they are about as dangerous as a labrador.

Yes freight in a jet with delivery time only. A rare event. How bought a purse dog? Pomeranian? Lol

but what about the TKS version?

tks is terrible in the van, cessna has some serious problems. It leaks all over the place. How it gets into the belly podsi have no idea...

You should fly the 99, that thing can carry all the ice in the world. Not so much with the van.

Yeah. The 99 can carry a lot of ice. But that's made up for by the fact that it's a 99.

Say what you will - I love flying the 99. Maybe I just haven't flown enough "better" airplanes, but the 99 is a great airplane. A turbine Baron! Beech makes good machines.

A turbine Baron!

This is a pretty good description of the 99. To be fair, I never cared all that much for the Baron, either. Neither is unpleasant in any particular way...just kind of "meh". I am still mystified by the notion of "Beech Quality", having flown more than a few of the things.

At the risk (ok, certainty) of becoming Tedious, the 99 is closing in on 100mph slower than an MU-2 on similar fuel burn (higher, if you consider that it generally has to stay low due to being unpressurized). Shorter range (similar endurance, maybe even a little more, but going slow sucks in lots of ways). Doesn't stop anywhere NEAR as fast (although I'll grant you it gets off the ground better).

On top of all that, it's uglier, quieter (on the outside...don't get me started on the inside), and the engines are on backwards.

To be even handed, it does carry about a grand more junk. SLOWLY. ;)

This is a pretty good description of the 99. To be fair, I never cared all that much for the Baron, either. Neither is unpleasant in any particular way...just kind of "meh". I am still mystified by the notion of "Beech Quality", having flown more than a few of the things.

Beech's design philosophy is awesome in my opinion. I've flown a handful of the various beeches - with the most time in the 1900 and the 99 now. Bottom line? They're built like tanks, they don't break that often, and they perform pretty well for what they are. They're not ridiculously overpowered, but they're overpowered enough to make it a pleasant experience most of the time - or more precisely, they're not underpowered. They are "honest" airplanes. They're not fighters, they're not the concorde, and they're not a 206 with a STOL kit and a pod. But they perform well enough to go most places, climb well enough, cruise fast enough, and land short enough to make flying them simple enough so that I can fly them - which generally speaking means that anyone can fly them if I can. They essentially have no "extraordinary" qualities in anyway shape or form, which, somehow, makes them extraordinary.

I don't really disagree with anything you said (except maybe "cruise fast enough"), but if you want to see build quality, check out the bulkheads on an MU-2 (or even a Mitsubeechy). Beech products are made out of paper-mache next to the offerings of the Rising Sun.

Back