Does my Freight Dog (puppy) status get revoked...

Blip16

if i will be flying freight in one of these? i know the PT-6 automatically makes me less of a man:o:cwm27:

Attachments

• g600.jpg
    g600.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 370
Yes, but you get it back when you start flying in ice.

Eh, if he's gonna be flying one of the revamped fedex feeder birds it has TKS. Much less manly than a collection of patches covering what was once a deice boot, like a real freight plane has.

Roger,

that would describe the 402 i flew all winter long. that is not a very good plane in the ice

Roger,

that would describe the 402 i flew all winter long. that is not a very good plane in the ice
Ugh, I can imagine. Not that I'm any arbiter of the freight world, but I would imagine that sort of makes up for your transition to the turbine 182.

Ugh, I can imagine. Not that I'm any arbiter of the freight world, but I would imagine that sort of makes up for your transition to the turbine 182.

As the one of the arbiters of the freight world, Im running this by the Majestic 12 committee as we speak.

Caravan sucks in ice. I'm not gonna beat around the bush. It is incredibly easy to fly in every way except when you put practically any ice on the wings. I have a love-hate relationship with the caravan, its fun to fly, its easy to fly, its basically a 206 on steroids (I'm not going to go as far as the 182), get's off the ground well. I love the airplane except when I want to go fast, or fly around in the clouds in the winter.

Caravan sucks in ice. I'm not gonna beat around the bush. It is incredibly easy to fly in every way except when you put practically any ice on the wings. I have a love-hate relationship with the caravan, its fun to fly, its easy to fly, its basically a 206 on steroids (I'm not going to go as far as the 182), get's off the ground well. I love the airplane except when I want to go fast, or fly around in the clouds in the winter.

but what about the TKS version?

if i will be flying freight in one of these? i know the PT-6 automatically makes me less of a man:o:cwm27:

Flight express pilots flying a 210 with no radar through FL are the wolf/dog hybrid freight dogs

The guys flying old Falcons, Lears, ect on demand are the pit bulls.

Any body else flying pistons is a rottwiler.

Feeder flying on turbine equipment (208, 1900, BE99)makes you a German Shephard. If it has a glass panel, you get demoted to Labrador retriever.

UPS and FedEx pilots are collies. Used to be real working dogs, but nowadays they sit around and look pretty ;)

Flight express pilots flying a 210 with no radar through FL are the wolf/dog hybrid freight dogs

Feeder flying on turbine equipment (208, 1900, BE99)makes you a German Shephard. If it has a glass panel, you get demoted to Labrador retriever.

UPS and FedEx pilots are collies. Used to be real working dogs, but nowadays they sit around and look pretty ;)

What about on demand freight in a BE99 but with glass? Its not feeder flying, but its not quite "old school" enough... ;)

rottwiler to labrador retriever. i guess i can accept that

What about on demand freight in a BE99 but with glass? Its not feeder flying, but its not quite "old school" enough... ;)

If it has glass, you are a lab chasing a tennis ball.

If you fly any of the above in Alaska you get bumped up a notch.

As the one of the arbiters of the freight world, Im running this by the Majestic 12 committee as we speak.
Who is on the Majestic 12 committee? You are obviously head. Boris, USMCMech, ppragman, Mikecweb, woutlaw, gomntwins, KLB, kiloalpha.....

There are kids out here in SJU that fly around the VI flying bank mail in freakin 172's! Those guys have my respect. It takes balls to fly through and around the wx here AND over the Caribbean sea in a 172.

They make me feel like a wuss in my 99 with color radar and a GNS 480...

Glass in a 99? Srsly? The panel is worth more than the plane!

Aspen PFD, Garmin 430, an autopilot, and a Garmin 696 EFB that let's us go paperless, it makes on demand easy as hell. Oh, and all those systems are integrated, so all I have to do is punch stuff into the 430, and it crossfills it to everything else.

Of course after I get accustomed to "on demanding" it up, I end up on a route with steam gauges for a few days - have to remember how to fly.

Back