Do you own a 150 or a 152???

Athena

FAA to request Cessna 150/152 tail inspections

Oct. 2 — First reported by the FAA in 2000, cracks in vertical fin attachments on Cessna 150 and 152 aircraft have become the subject of an additional warning from the agency. An airworthiness concern sheet issued in late September says cracks have been seen with increasing frequency in the past two years and the FAA expects to order mandatory inspections of all models made from 1966 to 1980. The original problem was most prevalent in 1978 Cessna 152s. The problem could result in the vertical and horizontal tail surfaces falling off. Only four cracks were reported in the 1970s, then six in the 1980s, and 12 in the 1990s. Just in the past three years another 12 cases of fin attachment cracks have been reported. Under the present proposal, owners would have to get the tail inspected in the next 100 hours and then every 1,000 hours thereafter.

This is from an article on aopa.org

[ QUOTE ]
The original problem was most prevalent in 1978 Cessna 152s.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The problem could result in the vertical and horizontal tail surfaces falling off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, we've got a '78 152. Makes me feel special that I'm still alive after giving about 20 hours of spin instruction in it so far.
blush.gif

Poor attempt at humor in reference to a similar concern over failure of the A300's vertical stabilizer attachments.

Anyone know where I can find copies of these "Airworthiness Concern Sheets?" I did some poking around the FAA's newly redesigned and less helpful site, but wuth no luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Poor attempt at humor in reference to a similar concern over failure of the A300's vertical stabilizer attachments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. I think.

Back