Do people get to PEPC when only "qualified"?

brajit

Sitting here in a hospital with a staph infection and my parents visiting, we were talking about people such as myself getting only a "qualified" score on the AT-SAT and the number of people that actually get contacted for a PEPC interview? Anybody have any ideas?

I would be interested in knowing if ANYONE just qualified got invited. My hubby was qualified for PUBNAT1 and was not picked up. He can now retake his ATSAT for PUBNAT5 and hopefully this will make a difference. Good luck to you though.

I would be interested in knowing if ANYONE just qualified got invited. My hubby was qualified for PUBNAT1 and was not picked up. He can now retake his ATSAT for PUBNAT5 and hopefully this will make a difference. Good luck to you though.

Hey Cherry... so did they just can you from LAX and are letting you reapply?

What happened you didn't succeed at LAX?

Sitting here in a hospital with a staph infection and my parents visiting, we were talking about people such as myself getting only a "qualified" score on the AT-SAT and the number of people that actually get contacted for a PEPC interview? Anybody have any ideas?

As far as we've seen, there weren't any "qualified" applicants selected from PUBNAT1 or PUBNAT2. I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere was given special consideration for whatever reason, but for the rest, it's very unlikely.

That'll be a doozie when you apply for the medical eventually... they ask if you've been admitted to a hospital. I don't know much about staph infections, hope it's not serious...

It's not a doozie...everybody carries staph on them at all times. I just got a bug bite that I scratched and unfortunately got staph. It's going to be cured in a matter of a few days....nothing to it.

It's not a doozie...everybody carries staph on them at all times. I just got a bug bite that I scratched and unfortunately got staph. It's going to be cured in a matter of a few days....nothing to it.

Since you just say you live in DFW... I'll be needing to know if you've been anywhere in Frisco/Plano/Richardson... please PM me a list including address so I can develop alternate plans as necessary.

hazmat.jpg

My HR gal said they weren't hiring anybody below a 90 on their AT-SAT unless they had pretty impressive work experience. She is kinda flaky and have no clue about how true that really is but I didn't really question it at the time since she already gave me a PEPC date.

There's an over-abundance of well-qualified candidates. I've been hearing from reliable sources that it would be surprising if a 'qualified' candidate got picked up in this environment.

There is one person from PUBNAT1 with a qualified score that got picked up for a position in West Virginia. That's the only one I've heard about publicly. There is a good chance there might be a few others, but you'd probably have to either choose a very undesirable location or be lucky to get picked up with the number of well qualified candidates out there.

Hey Cherry... so did they just can you from LAX and are letting you reapply?

What happened you didn't succeed at LAX?

It was actually my husband. I keep him up to date on the info here as he is so busy working. He was an Air Intercept Controller (AIC) in the Navy. The lady at LAX thought that equated to ATC. Not so. He couldn't get past Clearance and Delivery and if you can't pass the first phase of training, too bad so sad. He resigned before he was let go.

It is interesting the training hours you get. At lower level facilities, his Oklahoma classmates were given so much more training hours since traffic is lighter. It gave them a chance to talk to their trainers and do hypothetical situations. My husband barely had a chance to think at LAX. We hope we can just get a second chance at a place he has a shot at.

It is so hard to get any answers from the FAA, as I know you all have experienced. We did find out it is a one shot deal for CTI students. He cannot go back through the hiring process as a CTI student, so he applied here OTS. Apparently his "qualified" score got him to LAX (what is it, 11 or 12?) but can't get him to a low level facility here off the street, even with military preference. (Note bitterness here) At least he can now retake it a year later.

At least we have kinda been through this process before, so we know what to expect. What is crazy is the wait time. ATSAT to Oklahoma last year only took 5 months through the CTI applications.

It was actually my husband. I keep him up to date on the info here as he is so busy working. He was an Air Intercept Controller (AIC) in the Navy. The lady at LAX thought that equated to ATC. Not so. He couldn't get past Clearance and Delivery and if you can't pass the first phase of training, too bad so sad. He resigned before he was let go.

It is interesting the training hours you get. At lower level facilities, his Oklahoma classmates were given so much more training hours since traffic is lighter. It gave them a chance to talk to their trainers and do hypothetical situations. My husband barely had a chance to think at LAX. We hope we can just get a second chance at a place he has a shot at.

It is so hard to get any answers from the FAA, as I know you all have experienced. We did find out it is a one shot deal for CTI students. He cannot go back through the hiring process as a CTI student, so he applied here OTS. Apparently his "qualified" score got him to LAX (what is it, 11 or 12?) but can't get him to a low level facility here off the street, even with military preference. (Note bitterness here) At least he can now retake it a year later.

At least we have kinda been through this process before, so we know what to expect. What is crazy is the wait time. ATSAT to Oklahoma last year only took 5 months through the CTI applications.
That's very sad for both of you, and an eye-opener for the rest of us. Sending a trainee to a Level-12 facility is like throwing a puppy into a tiger cage.

That's very sad for both of you, and an eye-opener for the rest of us. Sending a trainee to a Level-12 facility is like throwing a puppy into a tiger cage.

In the imortal words of Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail;

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all,
didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little Level 11/12, isn't it? Well, it's always the same

img_2.jpg

HolyGrail180.jpg

Back